Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Amazon estate on ebay (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=251109)

Faust Jun 3rd, 2016 12:36

Amazon estate on ebay

Very nice Amazon Estate on ebay… bet this one will fetch a good price.

Shame there is not a bit more information in the add though.

Skyedriver Jun 3rd, 2016 20:41

Initial impressions = looks very nice but I hope the prep on the rest of the car is better than the re-piping of the brakes....

Burdekin Jun 7th, 2016 07:16

Okay, what are the guesses for how much it will go for?

I'll go £9200.

123GT-AMAZON Jun 7th, 2016 07:41

£12,ooo upwards due to spec but the colour green puts some off at times , nice wheels it should do well tho it's a good all rounder will be Intresting to see how this one goes un chartered waters here .....
White seats actually work well with the green I think

Kind regards
Robert.w

Lucien Jun 7th, 2016 07:53

Seems to have been laid up for some time between Sept 2006 and May 2016 (DVLA MOT History), unless this was the period during which it lived in South Africa but the advert reads as though this was when it was newer and the mileage between the 2 MOTs is only 3k.

I does look smart in the photos. Should be a B18 so looks like B20 carbs or airbox fitted (sensible upgrade). I like it!

Kind regards
Lucien

omc 47 Jun 7th, 2016 08:13

I would lean towards Roberts price as it's been off the radar with little mileage and has a history of South Africa where hopefully the climate has been kind to it.
A visit would be obligatory before a bid though, but worth the time and fuel to satisfy that nail biting "should I have really done this".
Good luck to interested parties.....................and while on that subject what happened to the green 131 on Ebay with the 17inch wheels and a claim to be the best on the market from South Africa, last week I think? it's been on before but never reached the reserve.

Burdekin Jun 7th, 2016 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123GT-AMAZON (Post 2120846)
£12,ooo upwards due to spec but the colour green puts some off at times , nice wheels it should do well tho it's a good all rounder will be Intresting to see how this one goes un chartered waters here .....
White seats actually work well with the green I think

Kind regards
Robert.w

Wow, didn't realise they were going that high. Good to know.

Derek UK Jun 7th, 2016 11:13

I had this car on my database from a few years back. DVLA had an export marker on it and the tax was due in 2007. I have one picture from then looking very smart in standard trim. Can't see the interior. I also have an owners name, initials HW. I would assume exported to SA at that time and now returned, perhaps with the new interior and maybe wheels too. Factory wheels and interior colour, tan, would enhance the price IMO. Nice as it is though.

Faust Jun 7th, 2016 11:40

If anyone buys it and doesn't like the wheels... I'm prepared to offer a very good price.

I LOVE Torque Thrust wheels on an Amazon, and I would really, really like a set on mine but I can't justify the price of a brand new set at the moment.

57paul Jun 7th, 2016 13:14

Regarding the green one from south Africa well i went to see it. words fail me