Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   ECM issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=284228)

rjack Jul 17th, 2018 19:27

ECM issues

Hello,

I'm having issues with a C30 1.6D 2010 model.

The car is in limp mode, no LED/error message on the dash. Vida gives me the following error code: "ECM-2A30 Particulate trap signal too high".

Problem is: the DPF, pressure sensor, hoses and additive fluid are all brand NEW, replaced less than 3.000km ago.

When I try a forced regen, I immediately have the "operation failed" error message. The values regarding the DPF pressure are within the norm (3-4Hpa at idle).

Do you think that the ECM is at cause here?

Thanks for the help!

andy_d Jul 17th, 2018 20:55

3km or 3000km ? makes a Lot of difference does 2997km,,,

Clan Jul 17th, 2018 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjack (Post 2426491)
Hello,

I'm having issues with a C30 1.6D 2010 model.

The car is in limp mode, no LED/error message on the dash. Vida gives me the following error code: "ECM-2A30 Particulate trap signal too high".

Problem is: the DPF, pressure sensor, hoses and additive fluid are all brand NEW, replaced less than 3.000km ago.

When I try a forced regen, I immediately have the "operation failed" error message. The values regarding the DPF pressure are within the norm (3-4Hpa at idle).

Do you think that the ECM is at cause here?

Thanks for the help!

have you monitored the actual pressure reading ? does it go high at any point in the full power range ?

rjack Jul 18th, 2018 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2426574)
have you monitored the actual pressure reading ? does it go high at any point in the full power range ?

I have monitored it but unfortunately didn't make a screenshot. When pressing the throttle, it quickly rises up to maybe 30Hpa, and when releasing the pedal, slowly goes back to the idle value (2-3Hpa).

A detail that could be of importance: I have a DPF temp sensor reading of 96.69°C constantly. Doesn't change a bit, no matter the circumstances. However, it throws no error code...

Clan Jul 18th, 2018 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjack (Post 2426663)
I have monitored it but unfortunately didn't make a screenshot. When pressing the throttle, it quickly rises up to maybe 30Hpa, and when releasing the pedal, slowly goes back to the idle value (2-3Hpa).

A detail that could be of importance: I have a DPF temp sensor reading of 96.69°C constantly. Doesn't change a bit, no matter the circumstances. However, it throws no error code...

those pressures are about right , I would get a new sensor , with a cold engine it should read ambient , this week its about 20 C ! It cant/wont do a regeneration if the temp sensor is not reading correctly , maybe it is slowly filling the particle filter with soot and is just above the regeneration due threshold .

rjack Jul 18th, 2018 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2426702)
those pressures are about right , I would get a new sensor , with a cold engine it should read ambient , this week its about 20 C ! It cant/wont do a regeneration if the temp sensor is not reading correctly , maybe it is slowly filling the particle filter with soot and is just above the regeneration due threshold .

I'll try to investigate further into this, thanks for the advice.

However, isn't it strange that the pressure sensor gives good values, and still I have an error message stating that the filter is blocked?

I'll post a screenshot of the frozen values for the readout of the code this evening, perhaps it'll contain helpful data

rjack Jul 18th, 2018 16:22

https://preview.ibb.co/nKEvyd/IMG_20180718_164853.jpg

Clan Jul 18th, 2018 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjack (Post 2426724)
I'll try to investigate further into this, thanks for the advice.

However, isn't it strange that the pressure sensor gives good values, and still I have an error message stating that the filter is blocked?

I'll post a screenshot of the frozen values for the readout of the code this evening, perhaps it'll contain helpful data

so particle filter temp sensor reads about 97 all the time even from cold ? best get a new one first ..

phutyle Jul 18th, 2018 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjack (Post 2426491)
replaced less than 3.000km ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 2426547)
3km or 3000km ? makes a Lot of difference does 2997km,,,

A lot of European countries use . to delimit thousands (the way UK and Ireland uses a comma), not a decimal place. So as rjack is from Belgium, and there is three zeros after it, I'd assume it's being used in that context and "3.000" is three thousand.

andy_d Jul 18th, 2018 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by phutyle (Post 2426832)
A lot of European countries use . to delimit thousands (the way UK and Ireland uses a comma), not a decimal place. So as rjack is from Belgium, and there is three zeros after it, I'd assume it's being used in that context and "3.000" is three thousand.

never assume always check
assumptions cause the mother of all ,,,,ups