Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best place to buy parts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=299672)

Thekilt Oct 18th, 2019 19:05

Best place to buy parts

Hi all, just had a massive coolant hose leak in my 2001 V70 T5 (Mk2) and need a new inlet heater hose. Where is the best place to buy them from? I’m going to try my local Volvo dealer in Poole to see if they come up trumps, however I am guessing they are going to be expensive, and probably won’t have the part anyway.
Are there any online shops that you can buy them from? I found a US site that does them, but none in the UK that keep this part.

Any advice would be welcome.

DaveNP Oct 18th, 2019 19:22

You could be pleasantly surprised at the Volvo dealership, for some parts they are very competitive. My local dealer can also get parts in very quickly, if I phone them in the morning I can pick it up mid afternoon of the same day. Add to that the knowledge the fact that they should be able to get the right part if you give them your car details (chassis number can be best) rather than a generic part that you'll struggle to fit.

Thekilt Oct 18th, 2019 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNP (Post 2563987)
You could be pleasantly surprised at the Volvo dealership, for some parts they are very competitive. My local dealer can also get parts in very quickly, if I phone them in the morning I can pick it up mid afternoon of the same day. Add to that the knowledge the fact that they should be able to get the right part if you give them your car details (chassis number can be best) rather than a generic part that you'll struggle to fit.

Excellent thanks Dave, I will give them a try I the morning. Still trying to get the hose off as the access where it connects to the engine is poor. Want to make sure I get the right part as I would like to get it back on the road Tuesday latest.

HDAV Oct 18th, 2019 20:51

Owners club members get discount at frf Volvo I think phone and ask for mike....

Clan Oct 18th, 2019 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thekilt (Post 2563978)
Hi all, just had a massive coolant hose leak in my 2001 V70 T5 (Mk2) and need a new inlet heater hose. Where is the best place to buy them from? I’m going to try my local Volvo dealer in Poole to see if they come up trumps, however I am guessing they are going to be expensive, and probably won’t have the part anyway.
Are there any online shops that you can buy them from? I found a US site that does them, but none in the UK that keep this part.

Any advice would be welcome.

best place , does that mean cheapest price or best quality?

If the latter the volvo dealer ....you know it will last at least 20 years , usually a lot longer ...!

DaveNP Oct 19th, 2019 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDAV (Post 2564018)
Owners club members get discount at frf Volvo I think phone and ask for mike....

That's open to Forum members not just VOC members, check the thread in the traders section but definitely phone them not message them via the forum and quote C3, they then supply at 'cost+' which gives them a profit while giving us the best price (some parts have a bigger mark up than others so can get a bigger 'discount'), you will have to pay postage and wait for the 'postman' though.

Thekilt Oct 19th, 2019 11:08

So called Volvo, pretty helpful and sent through a photo to check it was the correct part. £44 which I didn’t think was too bad and will be here Monday. Would of liked to get one today but for parts like this it’s understandable why nowhere keeps them in stock.

happy diver Oct 19th, 2019 11:52

https://www.fcpeuro.com/Volvo-parts/...,6&b=6&d=55&v=

BrianH Oct 19th, 2019 12:58

Parts

Just looked up FCP and the water pump I have just ordered from FRF is a lot cheaper £82 to $131.

I was keen get a good quality one this time as two have failed on the water seal.

If I fill the pump side with water, block the two side exits water pores through the weep holes on the shaft. Just what is happening on the second one.

Don't know what make they are, as the garage got them from New Forest factors.

Delivery is slow from FRF, ordered Thursday morning being delivered Monday!

OK as car goes in Tuesday.

BrianH 729k 245 GL LPG 1989

Thekilt Oct 19th, 2019 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianH (Post 2564149)

Don't know what make they are, as the garage got them from New Forest factors.

Delivery is slow from FRF, ordered Thursday morning being delivered Monday!

OK as car goes in Tuesday.

BrianH 729k 245 GL LPG 1989

completely forgot about new Forest factors, haven’t heard that name in ages!