Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Saying hello from Oz (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=155934)

Lindz55 Jun 20th, 2012 14:12

Saying hello from Oz

16 Attachment(s)
Hi all.
Just joined and wanted to say Hi and add a few pics of my 1972 144 Deluxe (auto). We haven't owned her that long but she's now one of the family. Not much to do to get her looking spic and span. She has 75583 miles on the clock and was originally bought in Sydney. We have the original log books and a notebook with nearly everything that has ever been done to her. The only thing that doesn't work is the clock on the centre console (has anyone got any advice on that). We have just ordered a couple on new rear mud flaps. The interior is almost immaculate in blue cloth an vinyl. Headlining is also great. Anyway, I could get carried away here so I'll just attach the pics ... here goes.

Cheers
Lindsay
P.S. She's coming up for her 40th birthday in a few weeks :)

Billy Smalls Jun 20th, 2012 20:03

Hi there

wow - it looks there's NOTHING to do to get her looking spic and span, really great condition.

Welcome!!!

Lindz55 Jun 21st, 2012 01:16

Thanks Billy

You're right ... but I'm always seeing tiny things and enlarging on them. It's time to start enjoying her but very few rallies or swap meets up here in Southern Queensland. Have had good help from the Australian Volvo Club though. Now, better go and oil some hinges :)

Spike1918 Jun 21st, 2012 01:22

Incredible condition, lovely old motor.

Thom12 Jun 21st, 2012 01:23

What a brilliant example of a Volvo! It looks stunning! Congrats.

Welcome to the forums.

Lindz55 Jun 21st, 2012 09:30

Out in the sun

Thanks all for your comments and, you're right. We were lucky to get such a good example of this model. The mud flaps arrived today; original Volvo, so I'll be putting those on this weekend. Catherine's slowly getting used to the heavy steering but, hey, saves money on the gym :). There's a swap-meet coming up in Nambour (close to us) in July so we'll be going to that. The other motor on my wish list is an 1800 but seeing the prices, it might be some time. Oh well ...

Michael 727 Jun 21st, 2012 12:54

Very nice condition indeed. Do remember to be sun smart and protect the dash and tail lights from excessive amounts of sun.

SonyVaio Jun 21st, 2012 13:07

Bonza Mate! GDay and all that,

The car looks amazing, a treat to see. :welcome: to the forum.

:star-wars-smiley-01

CliffHeaton Jun 21st, 2012 17:49

A Beaut. Aussie weather is sure good for old gals..(cars as well):ani_heart:

Billy Smalls Jun 21st, 2012 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael 727 (Post 1190889)
Very nice condition indeed. Do remember to be sun smart and protect the dash and tail lights from excessive amounts of sun.

good point, my seats happen to be the same blue vinyl (but without the cloth) and the sun has really weathered the rear seat tops - and that's in the south of England!! Christ knows what sun does in Oz....