Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   S40 (New) Electrics : volvo s40 2006 fault boot latch not functioning (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=303583)

SFM Feb 14th, 2020 14:11

volvo s40 2006 fault boot latch not functioning

volvo s40 2006
I had a fault with my boot latch not functioning...dead. I opened the boot from inside and found it would operate when 12v was applied to pins 1 & 2. (from cig socket feed). I found the wiring harness to have been repaired before and repaired broken insulation on several wires. Although continuity seemed healthy this did not repair the fault. I bought a replacement harness which also did not repair the fault. The latch operates by giving it a 12v pulse from the cig lighter so it does work...just not getting a signal using the remote or unlock button. Is this the CEM at fault and if so how do I get it sorted? Can the CEM be reset?

Paddy94 Feb 14th, 2020 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFM (Post 2600072)
volvo s40 2006
I had a fault with my boot latch not functioning...dead. I opened the boot from inside and found it would operate when 12v was applied to pins 1 & 2. (from cig socket feed). I found the wiring harness to have been repaired before and repaired broken insulation on several wires. Although continuity seemed healthy this did not repair the fault. I bought a replacement harness which also did not repair the fault. The latch operates by giving it a 12v pulse from the cig lighter so it does work...just not getting a signal using the remote or unlock button. Is this the CEM at fault and if so how do I get it sorted? Can the CEM be reset?

A bad microswitch in the handle itself maybe? I had that issue once, replaced the switch and it worked again. Well, for a few months until the harness went.

SFM Feb 14th, 2020 21:16

Thanks Paddy. I will check the microswitch and report back.
Cheers!

kishor Feb 29th, 2020 11:52

boot

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFM (Post 2600072)
volvo s40 2006

Hi
100 percent the wire in the loom is broken. Undo the harness near the hinge, solder the broken earth wire. Job done

SFM Mar 3rd, 2020 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishor (Post 2605119)
Hi
100 percent the wire in the loom is broken. Undo the harness near the hinge, solder the broken earth wire. Job done

I replaced the loom. Job done! Many thanks.