Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Sensus apps update (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=287573)

cassell Oct 16th, 2018 13:19

Sensus apps update

My car has today done an update on the Weather, Tune in, Yelp and Spotify Apps.

The Spotify installation stalled on 43% at the first attempt but corrected itself on a second attempt.

Milliner Oct 16th, 2018 19:19

Try to delete and re-install maybe?

I got a phantom 'new software update' notification today. Nope, nothing to update....

apnicolle Oct 16th, 2018 21:27

43% seems to be the magic number for Spotify, as that’s where mine gets stuck on every update...it does always eventually sort itself out and complete, but I have had to wait a couple of days and/or reinstall the app before. All the other apps install seamlessly, which is of course because I never use them unlike Spotify which I use on every drive.

Chief inspector Oct 16th, 2018 21:49

Ive done 2 app updates in the last week, no issues. On the 3 4G card.

Milliner Oct 17th, 2018 10:45

Phantom app updates have appeared and yes, it's also stuck at 43%...

Incidentally, just curious, but does anyone else use any of the other apps? I can see Tune in might be useful for some, but Yelp? Glympse?

You have to use stop the car to use them safely, so you may as well use your phone which normally runs a much better version of the app.

Same could be said of most brands' in-car systems though...

Lexman8 Oct 17th, 2018 11:40

As usual, Spotify stopped updating on 43% and stayed there despite a couple of restarts this morning. In frustration I tapped on the 'New apps' and 'Maps' tabs in Download Centre. Then after tapping the 'My application' tab again Spotify immediately finished installing.

Might just have been a coincidence but worth a try perhaps.

cassell Oct 17th, 2018 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2458302)
As usual, Spotify stopped updating on 43% and stayed there despite a couple of restarts this morning. In frustration I tapped on the 'New apps' and 'Maps' tabs in Download Centre. Then after tapping the 'My application' tab again Spotify immediately finished installing.

Might just have been a coincidence but worth a try perhaps.

That's exactly what I did, few screen tab taps, closed it down, opened up downloads again and Spotify installation started up again without stalling.

Before I retired our IT department used to swear by 'shut it down and reboot it', perhaps they knew what they were talking about!

Jcbrown Oct 20th, 2018 20:34

mine got to 43%, stayed there for about 10 mins, then continued and went on to finish ok first time

looks like the issue with Spotify forgetting what you were listening to is now resolved. And I see there is now a "♥" icon, which I am guessing (i have not tried it) is the replacement for the "+" which disappeared a couple of updates ago

huib berger Oct 21st, 2018 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief inspector (Post 2458174)
Ive done 2 app updates in the last week, no issues. On the 3 4G card.

No issues here, it was a matter of minutes.....

Director76 Oct 22nd, 2018 08:52

Oddly I had 10 app updates required this week all at once. Seemed to work OK after Spotify hung on the mystery 43% for 10 minutes.

You do need a long enough journey to allow the update to complete, otherwise it won’t pick up where it let off