Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   240 glt who wants it (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=63586)

gdphillips Dec 29th, 2008 21:32

240 glt who wants it

hi all i have found... f reg 240 glt in red 4 door saloon,,, for bits the car is complete but some things ie bat, bulbs, have been taken out so far the engine is blown i dont no much about it as whats good and not...ive seen worse.... i found it on a local farm have spoken to the farmer taken some pics just cant up load them to this site im not to good when it comes to the net......gdpbigears@aol.com is my email i hope to get things sorted to post here but if anyone wants pics let me know how i can send for all to see....

oh its manual...black pleather int,??????red paint pink in places,,, faded
its somthing if you wanted im sure its turn up tow away.....gareth:thumbs_up:

gdphillips Jan 2nd, 2009 21:16

hi have got pics on in my profile pics so have a look

chris67bug Jan 5th, 2009 15:19

Surprised at no interest in this- looks pretty good under the slime- shame Im a bit far away.

Maybe worth putting in the for sale section.

Come on guys- its a GLT saloon!!

Steve and his 244 Jan 5th, 2009 15:52

Looks pretty decent to me - how do you know the engine is blown? Surely just because its missing a top hose doesnt mean its fubar'd? Or is there something else wrong? Have you tried starting it?

I think some poeple would be surprised how well that paintwork would come up. A do over with some t-cut, a clay, and a few coats of a decent polish like autobalm.....Okay so it might need one or two bit touching in, but I still think it would have potential to be at least a 'smart daily driver'

Steve

Triple-S Jan 5th, 2009 16:48

240glt

Steve

FYI I have been speaking to Gareth about this car and as you say, under that moss it looks as if OK. I just mailed him as I have a spare engine if in fact its own is shot, but it may have been cam-belted, if you know what I mean! These later ones are interference by design, although the early cars (like Thor) aint: I did a camshaft-swap on my '77 244DL and apart from removing lots of gunge in there, it runs fine again now.

Will tell more if I get it: I need to replace my daily-driver 740 anyway.

Paul

Steve and his 244 Jan 5th, 2009 16:55

Hi Paul, yes I know what you mean, but why do you think it may have been cam-belted? I know they are interference, and Thor isnt, but I have also heard of plenty that have survived a snap......fingers crossed!

Steve

gdphillips Jan 5th, 2009 22:47

i know what you mean

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve and his 244 (Post 444428)
Looks pretty decent to me - how do you know the engine is blown? Surely just because its missing a top hose doesnt mean its fubar'd? Or is there something else wrong? Have you tried starting it?

I think some poeple would be surprised how well that paintwork would come up. A do over with some t-cut, a clay, and a few coats of a decent polish like autobalm.....Okay so it might need one or two bit touching in, but I still think it would have potential to be at least a 'smart daily driver'

Steve

thanks mate farmer told me thats why he parked it up....just thought it would be put to better use on here than weighed in at emr.....what a waist but hope more people want it or i will break it how easy are the bits to find ???:thumbs_up:

Steve and his 244 Jan 5th, 2009 23:54

id say pretty much every 200 series part is available somewhere or other, its just you sometimes have to do a little bit of researching......but
that applies more to the early cars like mine.

i wouldnt break it - i would give it a good wash and polish and get some better pics up.

how do you know the engine is knackered?

minesa240x3 Jan 6th, 2009 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo Paul (Post 444466)
Steve

FYI I have been speaking to Gareth about this car and as you say, under that moss it looks as if OK. I just mailed him as I have a spare engine if in fact its own is shot, but it may have been cam-belted, if you know what I mean! These later ones are interference by design, although the early cars (like Thor) aint: I did a camshaft-swap on my '77 244DL and apart from removing lots of gunge in there, it runs fine again now.

Will tell more if I get it: I need to replace my daily-driver 740 anyway.

Paul

Good luck Paul hope it works out for you.
If it's not what you need then if Gareth or yourself let me know I would gladly save it as a whole car,I really like saving these old gals,And I like polishing too Lol.I also have a spare B230E engine straight out of a GLT.

davebslater(uk) Jan 6th, 2009 22:46

interference engine ?

anyway , ive a spare brand new head , might think about it myself .