Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=261575)

Morgis Jan 16th, 2017 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by marekbm (Post 2221069)
Hi, the worst was implementation of three types of GSM modem into one firmware. At the beginning I was scared about melbus (text on the radio) but at the end it was easier than GSM modems. I have a lucky because I have started with the most complicated type (Ericsson, older models), from the hw side.

Will software updates at volvodealer affect this modification?
I know from earlier that all modules must be present to perform a software upgrade

marekbm Jan 17th, 2017 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgis (Post 2222215)
Will software updates at volvodealer affect this modification?
I know from earlier that all modules must be present to perform a software upgrade

Shouldn't be. It replacing GSM modem inside and the main part will stay without change. So also after the update (Volvo dealer) the commands between PHM and GSM must stay without change.

Lemric Jan 18th, 2017 00:25

I placed an order 2 days ago, but have not heard from you. Really wanting this asap! =D

marekbm Jan 18th, 2017 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemric (Post 2223199)
I placed an order 2 days ago, but have not heard from you. Really wanting this asap! =D

I'm sorry. I'm little busy now. I implementing the support for 2 devices connected in one time. The first device in Hands-Free mode (driver's cellphone) and the second one in audio mode (passenger's cellphone or tablet with music and navigation). So it takes me all free time. I have checked Order form and I have found 4 new registrations.
I'm able to make just 3 until the end of January. I have to make a new order of PCBs so the next series will be available in March. I will send emails with information.

And if somebody need "Y" cable then he has to buy it by himself. It's not part of the package.

Lemric Jan 18th, 2017 21:54

No problem. Will that be a firmware upgrade only or hardware update?

marekbm Jan 19th, 2017 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemric (Post 2223673)
No problem. Will that be a firmware upgrade only or hardware update?

just the firmware.

abgersaurus Jan 21st, 2017 22:07

Hi marekbm!

I just placed an order on the BT phone module, I can't wait to get!

I will probably make a tutorial on how to install it in the car aswell as how to set it up, if that is ok with you? :)

marekbm Jan 23rd, 2017 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by abgersaurus (Post 2225105)
Hi marekbm!

I just placed an order on the BT phone module, I can't wait to get!

I will probably make a tutorial on how to install it in the car aswell as how to set it up, if that is ok with you? :)

Hi, I'm sorry but you have to wait. At the moment I don't have any available. The next series will be available on March. There is a documentation (hope useful) but if something is missing let me know ;) .
This date is not for already registred who received a confirmation. For some I will send the boards next week. ;)

marekbm Jan 24th, 2017 19:07

So the firmware supporting 2 devices is released. The module now supports one device as a Hands-Free and the other as a audio source. You can also see this poster ;) .
It's disabled in default. To enable dial "*0#". After that you can manually connect second device. To deactivate dial "#0*". The second device will be disconnected and the audio is mode back into the first device.

VivaLaVolvo Feb 4th, 2017 10:37

Hi Marek,

Very interested in this. Currently got a Grom unit which I'd take out when I get one of your units.

I have RTi so I'll need a Y cable too. Where can I get hold of the Y cable?

Regards

Andy