Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Volvo radio repairs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=72959)

Marcel May 23rd, 2009 04:39

Volvo radio repairs

Need any help with Volvo radio equipment repair?
Fast repairs

Call us

CENTRAL SERVICES (IPSWICH)
188 SPRING ROAD
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP45NR

01473 725953 (Marcel)

Pleased to help with radio issues.
All repairs are carried out the day we receive the units.
Knobs available for most units
We have a large stock of facias for most units to make look like new in the dash.
Old type facias also available(brand new)
Refurbished units for sale with warranty.

Technical manuals (wiring diagrams) to borrow /share (call)

in stock refurbished HU803, SC805,SC900, CR905,CR906, SC801 etc

doublepe Jun 1st, 2009 19:53

repair

hi,
quick one: are you open on Saturdays?
cheers
pete

mchudd Jun 2nd, 2009 12:23

radio

Hi Marcel.
A lot of years ago,you sold me a moter for my mk1 345 radio.Just a quick word to say that it still works.
Cheers Mark.

Marcel Jun 4th, 2009 18:34

Hi Pete

yes we are from 09.00 till 13.00 on sat

regards
Marcel

Marcel Jun 4th, 2009 18:36

fantastic

stil have lots of bits in stock to refurb old volvo radios.
thanks for your post

Marecl

Clan Jun 4th, 2009 20:41

Going back to the 80's , I too had quite a few cassette flywheels for the philips radio/cassette in the 400's from Central services , the rim was plastic which used to break . When i was in Ipswich on a course ( before the 80's ) i took a walk to spring road one evening and was amazed how much work came out of such a small shop ;-)

timfoster Jul 7th, 2009 22:48

Hi, I just bought a 2002 S80. The radio on the stereo works, but even though it says 4CD on the head unit and it has a 10 disc changer in the boot, it doesn't play a single CD. I can put a CD in and eject it again (although only one in the head unit, not the 4 it claims), but it won't recognise any of the CD's.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Marcel Jul 8th, 2009 13:16

Let me know the model of the head unit.
if it can take 4 discs it should know that there are already 3 inside the unit.
Difficult without actually seeing the unit, but it is possibble that it needs cleaning, the other possibility is trhat is mechanically jammed.
call me if you need more infor regarding possible repair of the unit.

01473 725953
CENTRAL SERVICES
MARCEL

southportvolvo Jul 8th, 2009 16:03

Central Services Recommended!

We've used Central Services in the past and can highly recommend their help & expert advice

timfoster Jul 17th, 2009 08:58

It turns out to have been nothing worse than a trapped wire in the back. The garage had their electrics guy remove the headunit and 'fiddle' with the wires a bit. NOw it works beautifully again. The TV screen/GPS still doesn't pop up but that's no biggie. I wouldn't use the gps anyway since I have a Garmin 865 with lifetime updates.

At least I can listen to Five Finger Death Punch as I whizz up the M1/M6 each day.