Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S40 / V40 '96-'04 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sump (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=274670)

irollv40 Nov 5th, 2017 13:17

Sump

2 Attachment(s)
Howdo all,,,Right,,,so the new water pump is on,,, timeing belt is on,,all is good,,turn the engine over by hand as it said to do,,,and then it stops,,,at which point I remeber I did not take out the 8mm Allen key I used to lock the crank in place,,,😬😬😤😤😤😤...so now I ave to remove the sump to get at Allen key,,,,,,pic 1,,,show all the bolts I've taken out,,,but still can not get sump off,,,Do I ave to take of V cross member,,????.,,even tho its not touching it,,,,.or is it just a bugger to get off..many thanks....

neanderthal Nov 5th, 2017 16:12

sump

1 Attachment(s)
hi,on my volvo v40 2003 diesel sump i had to remove 26 bolts...did you remove the 4 deep seated ones....but that would still leave 1 bolt short....but of course i dont know which gearbox you have....mine is the m56 gearbox(renault engine).....see pdf attachment from our dear friend GATOS:thumbs_up:

gatos Nov 5th, 2017 16:32

What engine and gearbox do you have? And what year is you car?

Dog_Book Nov 5th, 2017 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatos (Post 2334796)
What engine and gearbox do you have? And what year is you car?

Lordy you sound like me on Vectra C :swoon:

gatos Nov 5th, 2017 20:49

lol doggy. Some things never change....:) How are you btw?

irollv40 Nov 6th, 2017 11:44

Howdo,,,big thanks to neanderthal for the PDF doc on my engine,,2001,,1.9 DiTD,, D4192T3,,,+my gearbox is M65,,,looking at the pdf ,I now no that I ave to remove cross member to get at the bolts that I've missed,,,it tell's u how to do this,,but the pic's for the cross member is missing,???,,so if anybody got pic's of it,,thanks....am sure I can do it without,,,😮😰😨😱😵,,,,so again thanks to all..😯

neanderthal Nov 6th, 2017 13:48

you will have a bit of job putting the cross member back on even with a jack at one end.its getting it to line it back up,and the bolts can be quite rusty.and you can even cross thread them.thank gatos for the pdf,as he was the one who uploaded it a while ago...if you decide to replace the rubber gasket,a genuine one for the sump was £36 from volvo.good luck

irollv40 Nov 6th, 2017 17:59

2 Attachment(s)
Howdo,all,,,,we'll I am a happy man today,,,,😁,, as I got sump off and got the bent locking pin out,,straightened it out,,put back in to get TDC,,,,,as there was no pic off crossmember in the PDF doc,,,I did a search on this forum and found a post by neanderthal back in 2014,jul 5,,,sump removal and clearn,,so thanks again neanderthal for that and gatos for the PDF doc,,,,it had all I needed to no,to do the job,,,ere r a few pic,s of it all.....Thanks

Dog_Book Nov 6th, 2017 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatos (Post 2334889)
lol doggy. Some things never change....:) How are you btw?

Im good thanks, got bored spending loads on the cdti adding bits so just got a loaded VXR sorted the mapping with one of the guys and added a few things as by then i know how to add them easy.

Still love the Volvo's and have wet dreams looking at the V70R promo vids and wishing Vauxhall made the IDS+ on these as good. Mines got Bilstein B8's so im not that bothered but still.

neanderthal Nov 6th, 2017 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by irollv40 (Post 2335102)
Howdo,all,,,,we'll I am a happy man today,,,,😁,, as I got sump off and got the bent locking pin out,,straightened it out,,put back in to get TDC,,,,,as there was no pic off crossmember in the PDF doc,,,I did a search on this forum and found a post by neanderthal back in 2014,jul 5,,,sump removal and clearn,,so thanks again neanderthal for that and gatos for the PDF doc,,,,it had all I needed to no,to do the job,,,ere r a few pic,s of it all.....Thanks

sorry about that.....a while ago i lost pictures and messages to some of my posts and i thought i had lost the sump ones....so thanks for that:thumbs_up:.