Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   2014MY XC60 ordered - Volvo #7 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=177901)

Westyman Apr 13th, 2013 06:48

2014MY XC60 ordered - Volvo #7

So Volvo number 7 is on order and it's a big change. After 26 years of "ordinary" Volvo estates, from a 245 through to three V70s, I'm going for a baby Tonka toy car!!
All the V70s have been AWD as I tow a caravan a lot often on wet grassy fields so the AWD of the XC60 is not new. I have not been happy with the towing dynamics of the current V70 but a trial tow with a XC60 showed it to be better, hence the unplanned change after only 3 years.
And my V70### number plate will leave me after 12 years of use; the new car will have a X60### plate that I have bought from DVLA.
So it'll be an SE Lux Geartronic in Twighlight Bronze with Merac black wheels and G10B beige interior. Added is winter pack (now with heated screen) sunroof, wood trim, laminated side windows, Tempa spare wheel and towbar. I have also taken option of 5 yrs. servicing for £500. Delivery June/July which saves me MOT, service and RFL on the V70!!
Happy days.

madman1 Apr 13th, 2013 09:54

Excellent. Must be pretty excited. I think the facelift model looks cracking.

Hope you like it / it's a keeper given the personalised reg!

Don't use mine for towing, but I think it's quite well regarded for that purpose.

Obviously interested on your first impressions when it arrives.

bluesnappa Apr 13th, 2013 10:30

I think that you will find it tows well. I pull a Swift Challenger and though you know it's on the back, it is very stable combination, has the power to overtake safely and as far as 4 wheel drive, I have not been caught wanting for traction on any surface including the snow in the North Pennines. I do launch a boat across soft sand and shingle on a sloping beach and the car has been excellent. I used to have a LR Discovery and it has been a match for that in all I need, a darn site more comfortable and a load more ooooomph - win, win, win. I also had 850/V70 in the past and I think the short overhang at the back makes the XC60 a good tow car. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Westyman Apr 13th, 2013 13:54

Thanks. Yes am looking forward to it but a bit sad about the V70: it's a nice car and has behaved well apart from its towing foibles.

As posted elsewhere, Paul Rigby in B'ham lent me one with a towbar and a trial run with the Vanmaster on the back convinced me. Also, as I age getting in/out will be easier :-)

NewVolvo Apr 13th, 2013 14:58

Very nice colour and spec. Sure you will be more than happy with it :D

Must remember to post pictures!!

datahound Apr 13th, 2013 16:16

Love my XC60.

So refined, great toys and the D5 goes like stink.

Use it as a van a lot with heavy loads and don't notice the weight.

andrew27 Apr 13th, 2013 20:02

You will love it.I love my 3 year old R Design, but before i buy another just tried the evoque today to make sure I wasnt missing somthing... I "WILL" be sticking with another XC60 !! Was waiting for some kind of brochure or configure for the facelift model..... have not seen one yet. Cant wait for a heated front screen, hopefully to stop all that scaping. might be hard to work out a price when Part exghanging, but do you think you got a good discount on list from the dealer on the facelift model ? Enjoy.........

bluesnappa Apr 13th, 2013 20:21

Discount tad under 15% with payment over 2 year at 0%.

andrew27 Apr 13th, 2013 20:34

Great thanks 15% sounds good and 0% too.... Think I will be off to the dealer soon, just wish the online configurer will be updated soon..

NewVolvo Apr 13th, 2013 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew27 (Post 1395039)
Great thanks 15% sounds good and 0% too.... Think I will be off to the dealer soon, just wish the online configurer will be updated soon..

Try the Swedish one.... Volvo Cars Sweden

Spec is probably not the same, but no harm in playing around with various colours, wheels and interior colours (they have some new ones!). The "build your car" on the Swedish page is soooo much better that the one on the UK site.