Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   forge recirc blanking plate (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=67219)

captain sensible Feb 24th, 2009 13:19

forge recirc blanking plate

just fitted my forge recirc blanking plate, what a pita! 10MM ratchet spanner is a must but all done now, the car runs better, pulls like a train and the dump works like it should.

sfortyjab Feb 24th, 2009 13:39

Dump valve kit

Did you get a kit.?

captain sensible Feb 24th, 2009 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfortyjab (Post 467982)
Did you get a kit.?

Nope, I had a bailey and the recirc for awhile, the car ran ok but then just bought the forge blanking plate. its easy to fit, took off the recirc valve and cleaned the turbo side with a wipe, then put on the b/plate, bottom and top right bolts were easy but the top left was a nightmare, use a lift if you can.

stu_850t5 Feb 24th, 2009 20:33

good to hear its an easy job, got to get one for my car!

do you find now by having the blank plate on there it dosent take ages for the revs to come down between gear changes?

AndysR Feb 24th, 2009 20:58

Knew it was a tricky sod to get that last bolt in thats why I entrusted the fitting of mine to someone else! :thumbs_up:

Good to hear you have noticed a difference after fitting it though :)

captain sensible Feb 24th, 2009 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu_850t5 (Post 468194)
good to hear its an easy job, got to get one for my car!

do you find now by having the blank plate on there it dosent take ages for the revs to come down between gear changes?

yep, esp when i put the wellie down, nice fast shifts but its the whole running of the car has got better, more response on boost, i think the recirc was leaking plus running the dv and the recirc in tandem was not good. now i just need to sort the cat out.....................decat is on the cards, just have to find a way, i was thinking of sticking a cherry bomb in place of the cat.

captain sensible Feb 24th, 2009 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndysR (Post 468217)
Knew it was a tricky sod to get that last bolt in thats why I entrusted the fitting of mine to someone else! :thumbs_up:

Good to hear you have noticed a difference after fitting it though :)

the trick is to put the bolt in the spanner then bolt into hole, get a long flat screwdriver to gently lever the spanner so the ratchet will work also taking care not to cross thread the bolt.

it was worth it lol

keithf Feb 25th, 2009 16:28

When you say recirc blanking plate, Is this for replacing/blanking off an egr valve? Is this something that could be fabricated at home, using the egr valve flange as a template? So long as there is a good seal it shouldn't matter.............should it?

captain sensible Feb 27th, 2009 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithf (Post 468614)
When you say recirc blanking plate, Is this for replacing/blanking off an egr valve? Is this something that could be fabricated at home, using the egr valve flange as a template? So long as there is a good seal it shouldn't matter.............should it?

no not the egr, the recirc is on the turbo body at the top, its a cbv and it has a pipe that runs to the vac tree.
yes you can make a plate, just bung some gasket sealer on the plate before fitting

ieak71 Oct 5th, 2010 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfortyjab (Post 467982)
Did you get a kit.?

hi where can i get a turbo blanking plate from ? i already have a bailey fitted but cant find somewhere that supplies just a plate ,,,,,,can any1 help ? thanks