Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Free to a good home - V70 Mk1 2.5 Auto rare 20 Valve (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=329765)

DANGERCymru Dec 29th, 2022 15:32

Free to a good home - V70 Mk1 2.5 Auto rare 20 Valve

3 Attachment(s)
With a very heavy heart it is time for me to part with the love of my life - My Mark 1 V70 (R reg) or as she is know in my house Valerie.

First Reg - August 1997
Capacity - 2435 cc. listed as a 2.5 liter
Tranmission - Auto
Colour - Grey
Rare 20 Valve version
TAXED untill 01/05/23
MOT untill 16/01/23

££ free to a good loving home.

I am no longer able to care for her and I am looking for someone to take care of her in her old age. Please no one looking to break her - it would break my heart.

She has 241, 508 miles on the clock, we bought her at 80,000 so she really has been a significant part of our family. Also she has stared in Dr Who! (Blink series 2)

Still drive's well, has retrofit LPG conversion LPG tank in spare wheel compartment getting 27mpg on long runs on LPG. Body condition is mostly good for a lady of her age few paint chips. She does however have a dent in drives side rear door (i didnt fix it to remind me to be more careful with here.)

Internal condition good (one seam on drivers chair has split.) - original rubber mats and heated seats. Plastic trim in boot has become brital so some is missing.

MOT Due soon 16th January and she is in need of new breaks with this in mind I am not asking for payment for her as I am aware that you will have to spend money on her.

But please no breakers I am looking for someone who is interested in the 20 valve variation or would like to run her/ care for her

Valerie is located in Cardiff South Wales
please contact Ceri on 07814076045 for more information videos/picture of the car, and or viewing.

please help me save the love of my life - thank you for reading

4x4 Dec 29th, 2022 15:54

Hope you find someone who will cherish Valerie for many years ahead

DANGERCymru Dec 29th, 2022 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 (Post 2867979)
Hope you find someone who will cherish Valerie for many years ahead

Thank you for you kind words - I love her so much i really am heart broken.

Damoh89 Dec 29th, 2022 16:03

If only was closer I’d take it give it nice warm shed to live in while fox the few bits on her ferry journey kills it and the registration tax 🙁

griston64 Dec 29th, 2022 16:45

If only I was closer I would take her :teeth_smile: Looking for a new daily/dog mobile

john.wigley Dec 29th, 2022 17:17

What a kind and generous offer, 'DANGERCymru'; I hope 'Valerie' finds a good home.

Regards, John.

DANGERCymru Dec 29th, 2022 18:00

hello all, and thanks for reading about my girl

Had a lovely chat this evening with a forum memeber who lives here in South Wales. And pending a "meet and great" next week, I think I have found her a a lovely person to travel with in her dotage.

You have all been so friendly and warm with regard to my post - thank you so much

Ceri

Simmy Dec 29th, 2022 19:49

ask your prospective buyer to post progress on the continuation of Valeries life.

Dibble Dec 31st, 2022 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGERCymru (Post 2867981)
Thank you for you kind words - I love her so much i really am heart broken.

Have you had anyone yet who has shown a serious interest? Could she be driven OK from Cardiff to Scotland?

classicswede Dec 31st, 2022 23:49

I know of someone in Scotland looking for one and is willing to travel. If its not gone I can pass the details on