Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   '96 850 T-5 begrudgingly for sale. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106920)

Bartman Oct 13th, 2010 18:58

'96 850 T-5 begrudgingly for sale.

Due to unforeseen money problems I am looking to sell my most recent acquisition.
I am self employed and work has dried up, and as i have a minibus at the door, something's gotta give.
Got her on the bay but might do a deal with a forum member if i was to get a sensible offer.
Any questions just ask.

All details over here--->http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_830wt_934

RUTV70 Oct 13th, 2010 19:14

Good luck...but I'm sure you'll be asked what mileage....?????

Neil

Bartman Oct 13th, 2010 19:36

158000. Thought it was on there.
I shall update it.

Bartman Oct 14th, 2010 16:35

I have added some more pics to the fleabay listing for anyone who might be interested.
Oh and the mileage is actually just short 0f 155000

C63PPP Oct 15th, 2010 15:23

Hi Bartman, hope work picks up for you soon. Would you mind if I ask a few questions?

1) What are the tyres like, how many miles left?
2) What are the pads and discs like?
3) Exhaust okay?
4) Windscreen okay?
5) Do all electrics work?
6) Odd one this but has it been smoked in and or had pets in it? does it smell of dogs or fags basically?

Im looking for a winter work horse but am illergic to dogs and hate smoke (reformed smoker always the worst).

Many thanks.

Bartman Oct 15th, 2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by C63PPP (Post 759298)
Hi Bartman, hope work picks up for you soon. Would you mind if I ask a few questions?

1) What are the tyres like, how many miles left?
2) What are the pads and discs like?
3) Exhaust okay?
4) Windscreen okay?
5) Do all electrics work?
6) Odd one this but has it been smoked in and or had pets in it? does it smell of dogs or fags basically?

Im looking for a winter work horse but am illergic to dogs and hate smoke (reformed smoker always the worst).

Many thanks.

Ok...
1) The tyres have got loads of life left. If you look at the front one that you can see in the pics they are all a similar standard to that one.
2) Front pads are almost brand new, rear ones have got plenty of meat left. Discs are not the best i've ever seen but are far from needing to be replaced.
3) Exhaust looks and sounds fine.
4) Windscreen has no cracks or chips.
5) All of the electrics work, the only minor niggle being that the heated seats only get slightly warm rather than hot, but still enough to make a difference on a cold morning.
6) It doesn't smell of fags or dogs. We have a dog but he has never been in the car. I also have a minibus for work so we use that instead.

Like i say, overall this car is ALMOST immaculate. Still gives loads of power, pulls and stops as it should, no strange noises, pristine interior and very good bodywork. Only real niggle being the abs light as mentioned on ebay.

Got quite a few watchers and the bids are starting to come in so if you're interested, make me an offer. Worst I can say is no.

Thanks

Ulricar Oct 16th, 2010 23:54

I've owned this car (I think!) and would just like to say it's bloody nice. Is it still for sale, as I may be tempted to buy it back at the right price...

Bartman Oct 17th, 2010 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulricar (Post 760177)
I've owned this car (I think!) and would just like to say it's bloody nice. Is it still for sale, as I may be tempted to buy it back at the right price...

You don't live in Redhouse by any chance do you?
Yes it is still available, though I really don't want to part with it. Anyway, if you're interested, make me an offer. Worst I can say is no.

Cheers.

Ulricar Oct 17th, 2010 11:59

No, not Redhouse.

Would offer around what the auction price ended on, having seen how much you paid for it on ebay.

Cheers

Bartman Oct 17th, 2010 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulricar (Post 760297)
No, not Redhouse.

Would offer around what the auction price ended on, having seen how much you paid for it on ebay.

Cheers

I paid way more than that. I did a deal with the guy who was selling it and he ended the auction early. I just stuck a random bid in so he could click sell to current highest bidder and we could both leave feedback.