Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   XC40 B4 2023 Seats (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=334849)

Rainstone12000 Aug 26th, 2023 16:40

XC40 B4 2023 Seats

Anyone else finding the seats are just not as comfortable?

I took delivery of a 2023 B4 in January to replace one of the first ever XC40 T5s. The seats of the latter were as comfortable as the seats in the three previous S60s I have had, but I find in my new car, my back aches after any journey more than about 45 minutes. I'm sure I have set up the seats the same.

KeithR56 Aug 27th, 2023 10:27

There’s been some chat about seat comfort on Facebook over the past few days. As usual, opinions are split. Someone said Volvo have recognised the problem and will change the seat cushion.

I’ve owned a lot of Volvo’s in the past and they’ve all been extremely comfortable with the exception of my XC40. I didn’t get one with the seat extenders so I find the cushions far too short for my long legs. There is also a problem with a bar under the seat that cuts into me if the seat is set low.

It’s due for its second service in November so I will raise the subject with the dealer when it goes in.

Haldex Aug 28th, 2023 09:30

It's greatly dependent on the trim. Mine is RD (stronger side bolsters with thigh-support extenders..) and I find them extremely comfortable.

Caradoc1 Oct 31st, 2023 14:19

My Jan '22 seats are ok. However I do find it difficult to achieve satisfactory lumbar support using the electric adjustment.

Rustyfrog Nov 1st, 2023 15:41

Although I am happy with the way my XC40 drives, the build quality and comfort is not the same as previous cars.
I think my seats look good but could do with a bit more padding.
A lot of goodies that were on my previous Volvo's have also disappeared.
No swivel headlamps. (A bit gimmicky, but we liked them). No choice of engine modes. No self parking. No audible warning of speed cameras. No push button folding of rear seats.
I could probably think of more but my pills are wearing off.
This will probably be our last Volvo.
Time for a change.

Haldex Nov 3rd, 2023 09:59

Hi Rusty. The goodies you listed are all optional extras. In fact except for the power folding rear seats - I have all of them on my 40.

Rustyfrog Nov 3rd, 2023 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haldex (Post 2921247)
Hi Rusty. The goodies you listed are all optional extras. In fact except for the power folding rear seats - I have all of them on my 40.

I must have been spoilt.
All those bits were on my last 2 cars.
I will just have to live without them.

Tallbloke Nov 16th, 2023 12:05

I must admit that I have noticed that the front passenger seat isn't fantastically comfortable. Having had several V70 in the past we were probably spoilt as they were very comfortable.

Troystoker Feb 7th, 2024 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithR56 (Post 2911583)
There’s been some chat about seat comfort on Facebook over the past few days. As usual, opinions are split. Someone said Volvo have recognised the problem and will change the seat cushion.

I’ve owned a lot of Volvo’s in the past and they’ve all been extremely comfortable with the exception of my XC40. I didn’t get one with the seat extenders so I find the cushions far too short for my long legs. There is also a problem with a bar under the seat that cuts into me if the seat is set low.

It’s due for its second service in November so I will raise the subject with the dealer when it goes in.

@KeithR56: I have ludicrously long legs too, although I tend not to use the seat extender. I do however also have the same issue with the seat rail, having now taken chunks out of my calf on 2 occasions since purchasing the car (2nd hand) in Late Nov '23.
I have been looking online to see if there should be an end cap of sorts on the end of the rails but it looks like that is not an option.
I will try to remember to contact the dealer to ask the question