Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Internet Connection error? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=302163)

CoopsSA Jan 6th, 2020 08:31

Internet Connection error?

Tried to remote start my V90 this morning and it wouldn't do it.

When I did get into the car, I have no traffic information (RTTI) and Spotify doesn't work either.

I've checked the app again, and it shows my car as being in another location and unlocked.

Any ideas?

Chief inspector Jan 6th, 2020 08:43

Mine has been like that since Boxing Day, although weirdly when parked up (in the wrong location) the temperature and range will change to suit.

Its booked in as there are a couple of other issues.

volvo s60 2001 Jan 6th, 2020 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopsSA (Post 2586682)
Tried to remote start my V90 this morning and it wouldn't do it.

When I did get into the car, I have no traffic information (RTTI) and Spotify doesn't work either.

I've checked the app again, and it shows my car as being in another location and unlocked.

Any ideas?

The internet needed for the traffic information and Spotify has nothing to do with VOC and the app. There are two separate Sim cards for this. Check the settings in the Sensus and try with deactivating and activating the modem. Check VOC if it says activated. It could me something to do with the app itself for the wrong information.

CoopsSA Jan 6th, 2020 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 (Post 2586695)
The internet needed for the traffic information and Spotify has nothing to do with VOC and the app. There are two separate Sim cards for this. Check the settings in the Sensus and try with deactivating and activating the modem. Check VOC if it says activated. It could me something to do with the app itself for the wrong information.

The app appears to be stuck from yesterday evening. Latest trip not updated either and there is a constant scrolling line across the bottom of the app (just above the Home / Map / Car / More buttons).

I've deleted the app, reinstalled and reset my password but still the same.

Perhaps the lack of Spotify/RTTI and issues with the app are a coincidence but seems unlikely.

volvo s60 2001 Jan 6th, 2020 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopsSA (Post 2586709)
The app appears to be stuck from yesterday evening. Latest trip not updated either and there is a constant scrolling line across the bottom of the app (just above the Home / Map / Car / More buttons).

I've deleted the app, reinstalled and reset my password but still the same.

Perhaps the lack of Spotify/RTTI and issues with the app are a coincidence but seems unlikely.

Have you got enough data on the Sim card installed in the modem? Why don't you try Bluetooth tethering from your phone to see if Spotify start working?

CoopsSA Jan 6th, 2020 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 (Post 2586730)
Have you got enough data on the Sim card installed in the modem? Why don't you try Bluetooth tethering from your phone to see if Spotify start working?

Yes - I have a 12GB SIM and only used 5GB so far.

I'll perhaps take out the SIM and reinsert.

Not tried BT yet.

Lexman8 Jan 6th, 2020 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 (Post 2586695)
The internet needed for the traffic information and Spotify has nothing to do with VOC and the app. There are two separate Sim cards for this.

Not exactly. If a user SIM is installed, the system SIM is bypassed and all data is transferred via the user SIM.

CoopsSA Jan 6th, 2020 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2586737)
Not exactly. If a user SIM is installed, the system SIM is bypassed and all data is transferred via the user SIM.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

volvo s60 2001 Jan 6th, 2020 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2586737)

If so then he has problem either with the sim card or the modem. But if the user installed sim stop working as it in his case, then the factory installed one should take care of VOC. So why VOC not working for him?

CoopsSA Jan 6th, 2020 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 (Post 2586773)
If so then he has problem either with the sim card or the modem. But if the user installed sim stop working as it in his case, then the factory installed one should take care of VOC. So why VOC not working for him?

Good question.

Just taken my (user installed) SIM card out, cleaned and reinserted. Still no change. It's on Three network and shows full signal. Checked online and it's all functioning ok, or appears so.

I'll give it a day or so and see if it picks up but certainly the factory installed one isn't taking over either when I disable car modem internet.

Perhaps it is car issue?