Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   clock (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161836)

nofinchance Sep 8th, 2012 17:08

clock

Just a small niggle and I wonderd if anyone else had this trouble.I start work at all hours and every minute is vital as its another minute in bed ! I have noticed with my anal clock watching that my s40 dash clock loses about 3 - 5 minutes a week.Not very good for a digital ?

Ninja59 Sep 8th, 2012 18:05

really? would it not be simply better to have a decent alarm clock get up in plenty of time and have a life?

Clan Sep 8th, 2012 19:24

your dealer should be able to adjust it through their diagnostic machine , it was a recent addition to the possibilities ( about 2 years ago )

nofinchance Sep 9th, 2012 11:41

If you have nothing to say best to say nothing at all ninja:B_rant:.I have to get up at between midnight and 4 am to keep my s40 in the style it has become accustomed.My job my choice,as I said I'm anal about clock watching and count every minute as vital.I was just wondering if the time loss was specific to my car as I've not known a digital clock to loose time like that before.:thumbs_up:

Daim Sep 9th, 2012 13:44

It seems to be quite a common thing in the P1.

A friend had the problem and changed his battery. Since then it is all okay... Maybe it is an early sign that your battery is on it's way out?

I always have my clock about 5 minutes faster... Psychological thing. In stress I forget it is 5 minutes faster so I get to my destination basically always on time. Mine is now slowly loosing the 5 minutes by itself. My battery isn't the best either (winter starting was getting rather hard). So I'll be trying the battery change.

iandonnadnjess Sep 9th, 2012 14:14

i have to aggree with nofinchance if a clock isnt accurate its worthless ,, your clock needs sorting out , i have to say mine seems to be pretty ok at time keeping , i do my wifes head in as every clock has to be at exaxtly the right time ,, maybe its a virgo thing ??

SonyVaio Sep 9th, 2012 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandonnadnjess (Post 1244117)
i have to aggree with nofinchance if a clock isnt accurate its worthless ,, your clock needs sorting out , i have to say mine seems to be pretty ok at time keeping , i do my wifes head in as every clock has to be at exaxtly the right time ,, maybe its a virgo thing ??

Some form of OCD?

:star-wars-smiley-01

Ninja59 Sep 9th, 2012 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofinchance (Post 1244040)
If you have nothing to say best to say nothing at all ninja:B_rant:.I have to get up at between midnight and 4 am to keep my s40 in the style it has become accustomed.My job my choice,as I said I'm anal about clock watching and count every minute as vital.I was just wondering if the time loss was specific to my car as I've not known a digital clock to loose time like that before.:thumbs_up:

In some way if you had actually listened though i was asking seriously if every minute is so vital it makes you sound as though you are one of these "types" that leaves no allowance for some things i like daim keep mine 5 minutes ahead of time it saves so much stress. I totally forget about it until i look at my phone and relax :)

I never inferred anything about your job choice, i clock watch myself sometimes but it is not going to change facts. ANY digital clock can loose time if it is not radio based where it keeps an exact time.

SonyVaio Sep 9th, 2012 16:40

My other half has just changed her car, she used to have a Ford Focus until a a few weeks ago. The Focus would always be about 5 min fast, you would adjust and reset the time but over the space of about 3 or 4 days it would slowly become 5min fast.

The starnge thing about it all was once the car was 5min fast it would just stay there? You would expect it to just continue getting further ahead but nope just wanted to be the 5min. You set it back to correct time but it just made its way to 5 min fast again.

:star-wars-smiley-01

Guru Sep 10th, 2012 13:07

A common issue I believe, even the T5's from across the pond have a topic about this issue ..
I too have to adjust the clock reading by advancing it 2-3mins once a month.