Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 2015 - Hesitation / stuttering (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322958)

Julia24 Jan 21st, 2022 07:50

XC60 2015 - Hesitation / stuttering

Morning,

I really help that someone will be able to help me, please. I bought an XC60 (2015 plate) in early- September 2021. The hesitation / stutter has progressively got worse since the first time I drove it in September; initially it happened on several occasions, intermittently from September to November. However, in December it has occurred more often, when I drove up to Lincolnshire for Christmas it happened about three times on the journey up, then once while away, and twice on the return journey yesterday. This is clearly an issue that is getting worse.

However, since the 28th December the car has been in the garage (Bells Volvo) to fix another problem (passenger window) in addition to the hesitation. The garage were not able to pin point the issue with the hesitation and have told me (via the Car Shop) not to worry about it!

I am worried about it as it is getting worse and I drive a lot for work. I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Julia

M4ss4 Jan 21st, 2022 08:50

Hi there, be good to know the engine and gear box configuration to help understand potential areas to check.

My C30 had some hesitation and I solved it, however without knowing the engine set up etc it is hard to recommend areas to focus.

Thanks

Fimac Jan 21st, 2022 12:50

Serviced?
What fuel do you use? short trips ?
Is it the EGR issue that caused so many problems - there is a sticky for that on here....

use a diagnostic plug in - they don't cost much and can save you £££$$$

Easington Jan 21st, 2022 13:25

On the chance it's a 2.4 5 pot then I'd be looking at the fuel filter

Julia24 Jan 24th, 2022 19:14

Hi,

Thanks very much for your replies, much appreciated. The XC60 is a 2.4 automatic (diesel). I drive the car all over the country, so usually my journeys are at least an hour (one way). I tend to use standard diesel, although I have recently been advised to perhaps start using the premium diesel.

I do have some of the service history (obtained when I purchased the car in September 2021).

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Julia

Easington Jan 25th, 2022 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia24 (Post 2802408)
Hi,

Thanks very much for your replies, much appreciated. The XC60 is a 2.4 automatic (diesel). I drive the car all over the country, so usually my journeys are at least an hour (one way). I tend to use standard diesel, although I have recently been advised to perhaps start using the premium diesel.

I do have some of the service history (obtained when I purchased the car in September 2021).

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Julia

A service history isn't a guarantee that everything has been done. The dealer will only change the items the owner approves. I could for example have a stamp in my service book but this could mean everything from an oil and filter change to every service item.

If you have an itemised history or can check with the servicing dealer look at if / when the fuel filter was changed as this was missed from my previous car and gave the same symptoms

Julia24 Jan 27th, 2022 08:34

Morning,

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Julia