Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   VOC Roadside Assistance, wake up call. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=321596)

westcountryjim Nov 20th, 2021 12:00

VOC Roadside Assistance, wake up call.

I wont go into the detail but my car is driveable with a relatively minor problem caused by its first major service. To save a 100 mile round trip my dealership suggested I rang VOC to see if they could come out to my home and fix it.

So I rang VOC and they said a technician would ring to see if they could help or whether it needed to go into dealership.

An hour later a 3rd party flatbed lorry arrived to take my car away!

I sent it away and rang VOC again and was astounded by the response.

It would appear that their system was saying no technicians were available ALL weekend in my area i.e., Devon. The default option was to recover a driveable vehicle and take it to the nearest dealer.

When I purchased the Volvo new I cancelled my AA Roadside/Home Start because I thought I was getting a similar service.

But now it appears that a simple roadside request might result in the car being recovered!

Familyman 90 Nov 20th, 2021 14:59

Whereas the AA refused to turn up at all for my pregnant first wife because they refused recognise her membership. Rural area, sub zero temperatures... and then it started snowing. She was OK because I am from colder climes and I keep my cars well kitted out for emergencies, but the upset and distress were considerable,

Started legal peoceedings over that one and settled before court. At least VOC turned up for you...

You should try Volvo Assistance. I'm with VA and never needed it, but my Dad has and rates them. Its essentially Volvo re-branded RAC membership, free with each annual service at an authorised dealer. When you factor in that represents a saving of £180-£200 over buying the cover seperately it actually works out cheaper to pay for a dealer service and get it for free, than have a service at an independent and pay for standalone cover.

westcountryjim Nov 20th, 2021 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyman 90 (Post 2786754)

You should try Volvo Assistance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but VOC includes Volvo Assistance, however, Volvo Assistance does not include VOC.
VOC comes with a new car for 4 years whereas Volvo Assistance is a benefit from having your car serviced through Volvo.

So, VOC told me they could not effectively provide Volvo Assistance.

I couldnt go via Volvo Assistance direct as it was a warranty issue, but I could go via VOC according to the dealer.

Bendolfc Nov 21st, 2021 21:16

To be fair, they should also be delivering you a loan car so once it's fixed you can just go and collect it without waiting around.

HDAV Nov 22nd, 2021 09:05

You rang a recovery service, they recovered it……

Don’t see what your problem is…….

westcountryjim Nov 22nd, 2021 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDAV (Post 2787143)
You rang a recovery service, they recovered it……

Don’t see what your problem is…….

My problem is that it was agreed that the car didnt need recovering, it was safely driveable. What was agreed was a call back from a technician who could advise but that didnt happen.