Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   XC60 wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270052)

olly Jul 8th, 2017 10:27

XC60 wanted

Hi,
I'm looking for a 2013 /14 poss even 15 XC60 (2013 would need to be the facelift). Must haves are diesel, auto and panoramic sunroof.
I do very few miles so a high mileage vehicle (within reason) is preferred.

I'm based in Aylesbury.

This is a genuine ask, I've missed out on two that looked to fit the bill perfectly in the last few weeks and been to see two where the owner was unrealistic about price considering the undisclosed damage I found when I went to view.

Thanks Oliver

olly Jul 24th, 2017 13:13

Hi, still looking - stupidly let a 2104 D4 FWD slip through my fingers that was only 10 miles away :(

It was the eight speed auto 2 litre with the remodelled exhausts.
They had it up for 20995 and but I felt it was worth more like 18500
I arranged to go see it just in case but cancelled later as I didn't want to waste their time by viewing and making a low offer. Late they said they'd drop to 19000 absolute min and while I ummmed and ahhed it sold.

In hindsight 19000 was fair given the level of extras.

So....still looking....selling yours?

andrewpain Jul 24th, 2017 13:19

ggod luck, Olly. Always tough when you're budgeting for a spec list and it looks a little high. Hope you find one...

Hurly Jul 24th, 2017 14:12

Hi Olly,

I have a 2015 65 plate SE Lux Nav in Osmium Grey. The extras are winter pack (heated washer jets, seats, windscreen), privacy glass and tempa spare. It is the 2.0 D4 190 model. 25000 miles. Looking to achieve £22k for it....
Doesn't have the panoramic roof, but is in excellent condition and would throw in a set of winter wheels and tyres...

olly Jul 24th, 2017 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewpain (Post 2300855)
ggod luck, Olly. Always tough when you're budgeting for a spec list and it looks a little high. Hope you find one...

In the last 4 weeks there have frustratingly been 3 that offered good value. One exceptionally so.

First was an older D4 needing a quick sale but I'd got my heart set on a D5 at that time and passed it up - it was very gold too.

Second was nice blue D5 - that was about 5 miles away and went to the first viewer.

Third is the car I mentioned above which had just about every option, 36K miles and is the one I regret most.

The price I want to pay is very realistic providing the vehicle is not super low mileage. Won't let car 4 get away.

olly Jul 24th, 2017 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurly (Post 2300877)
Hi Olly,

I have a 2015 65 plate SE Lux Nav in Osmium Grey. The extras are winter pack (heated washer jets, seats, windscreen), privacy glass and tempa spare. It is the 2.0 D4 190 model. 25000 miles. Looking to achieve £22k for it....
Doesn't have the panoramic roof, but is in excellent condition and would throw in a set of winter wheels and tyres...

Sorry but that's going to be a bit out of my reach plus not really ready to give up on the panoramic roof just yet. Thanks though

Considered1 Jul 24th, 2017 17:42

No Sun Roof but you dont need one in an XC60, the widow space is huge, lets in all the light you could ever need.

I'm just about to offer mine for sale. Pics and spec on an email if you are interested. Another 2years Free dealer servicing and Volvo extended warranty till next May. All the gadgets, getting sick of these adverts that suggest "Mega Spec", not finding any that match this.

I'd prefer it goes to someone who knows their Volvo's rather than dealers who just want to make min 4-5 grand!, Happy to split it with the right person.

olly Jul 24th, 2017 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2300967)
No Sun Roof but you dont need one in an XC60, the widow space is huge, lets in all the light you could ever need.

Having sat in cars with and without back to back I know which I have a preference for.

Sure I'm interested. Will PM you my email address. - no I won't - don't have enough posts.

Is yours the 8 speed model with revised exhausts? (I'm assuming those changes happened at the same time)

What kind of mileage and price are you thinking please?

P.S. The D4 I missed out on really was "mega spec" I don't think it had the front pulling out camera but that must have been the only thing missing.

bobby2000 Jul 24th, 2017 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly (Post 2300973)
Having sat in cars with and without back to back I know which I have a preference for.

Sure I'm interested. Will PM you my email address. - no I won't - don't have enough posts.

Is yours the 8 speed model with revised exhausts? (I'm assuming those changes happened at the same time)

P.S. The D4 I missed out on really was "mega spec" I don't think it had the front pulling out camera but that must have been the only thing missing.

Mine could be for sale in October, subject to my new car having arrived by then, no sunroof but high specification with most extras + Polestar. Probably a big ask to tie it all together with change over, couldn't afford for it to go tits up.
I have arranged a part X so would need to ask the dealer concerned.
I must admit if I was spending around 20k I would want a dealer guarantee of at least a year.

Considered1 Jul 24th, 2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly (Post 2300973)

Yep, you only get the 8 speed Geartonic with the FWD 2.0 VEA engine, until now of course with the new model, but its essentially the same engine just got more power out of it, and the 8Speed box is really smooth.. Will never go back to manual. The 8 Speed also cost £1,550 more than a manual back in 2014.. The AWD D4 has an older 6 speed auto