Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   V50 Body : differnce between the sport and SE suspension (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161079)

askim98 Aug 29th, 2012 10:46

differnce between the sport and SE suspension

Hi all,

I want to change the set up on my v50 SE to the sport ( lowering spring Kit) i wanted to ask if any of you did the switch.

how difference is the ride between the 2 set ups?

I find the SE to be very comfortable and I wouldn't want to ruin that.

and another question do you know how much would cost to fit the lowered spring?

thank you in advance

SonyVaio Aug 29th, 2012 11:32

If you want to drop the car slightly and also keep an almost OEM feel then the best set of springs to do that would either be:

Eibach's - Volvo's Own lowering kit - Lowers by 20mm over standard

or

Eibach Pro Kit - Lowers by upto 30mm

Eibachs are top quality springs and you WILL feel the difference without the ride being harsh and too firm. These can be matted with a good set of Blistien shocks too as and when required.

:star-wars-smiley-01

askim98 Aug 29th, 2012 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonyVaio (Post 1236671)
If you want to drop the car slightly and also keep an almost OEM feel then the best set of springs to do that would either be:

Eibach's - Volvo's Own lowering kit - Lowers by 20mm over standard

or

Eibach Pro Kit - Lowers by upto 30mm

Eibachs are top quality springs and you WILL feel the difference without the ride being harsh and too firm. These can be matted with a good set of Blistien shocks too as and when required.

i was thinking to buy the Volvo original one as they are the same price of the eibach, i wanted to make sure that the ride wouldn't suffer,

thank you for your replay

SonyVaio Aug 29th, 2012 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by askim98 (Post 1236680)
i was thinking to buy the Volvo original one as they are the same price of the eibach, i wanted to make sure that the ride wouldn't suffer,

thank you for your replay

I have got a set of Original Volvo ones and they are stamped Eibach. So the Volvo ones are just re-boxed Eibach springs anyway.

ajaycad Aug 29th, 2012 17:28

Do you have to change the standard shocks or will you still feel the benefit of just changing the springs and leaving the standard dampers fitted. I have a 2010 SE LUX 1.6

SonyVaio Aug 29th, 2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaycad (Post 1236905)
Do you have to change the standard shocks or will you still feel the benefit of just changing the springs and leaving the standard dampers fitted. I have a 2010 SE LUX 1.6

No you do not have to change the original shocks if they are perfectly okay. You will however appreciate a new set of shocks will make a difference too though.

t5_monkey Aug 30th, 2012 07:07

Ive got a set of sports springs pm me if interested!

askim98 Aug 30th, 2012 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by t5_monkey (Post 1237236)
Ive got a set of sports springs pm me if interested!

sent you a message