Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Excited - T8 in build due soon (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=245663)

Paulj1 Feb 28th, 2016 10:11

Excited - T8 in build due soon

Apparently I have a vin number, so the car is built...... Woo hoo

Reading posts on here and swede speed is great, doing SWMBO head in mind you, apparently I'm like a. Kid at christmas.....

I did read one post from the Netherlands where T8 owners got some driver training on how to get the best out of the hybrid, has Volvo Uk done anything like this ?

Paul

Skep Feb 28th, 2016 11:14

I've been like that since November, mine was expected mid January but the tow bar held it up as it isn't fitted at the factory anymore and should have been in the boot but wasn't, so that delay brought it to beginning of Feb and then the decision was made to wait for the new Reg, 1 Day, 21 Hours, 11 Minutes and 24 Seconds to go......

yeoman Feb 28th, 2016 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulj1 (Post 2068619)
Apparently I have a vin number, so the car is built...... Woo hoo

Reading posts on here and swede speed is great, doing SWMBO head in mind you, apparently I'm like a. Kid at christmas.....

I did read one post from the Netherlands where T8 owners got some driver training on how to get the best out of the hybrid, has Volvo Uk done anything like this ?

Paul

Nice.
When did you place your order?

Mine was ordered end of September and is due mid April.
The time it takes seems extraordinary and got me thinking about things that should and could occur in the time frame it takes from placing a T8 order to its delivery.
For instance,
If your child was born the day you place a T8 order and the child is not crawling by the time your car is delivered, you need to book an appointment to see your GP!

PorkaFly Feb 28th, 2016 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skep (Post 2068656)
I've been like that since November, mine was expected mid January but the tow bar held it up as it isn't fitted at the factory anymore and should have been in the boot but wasn't, so that delay brought it to beginning of Feb and then the decision was made to wait for the new Reg, 1 Day, 21 Hours, 11 Minutes and 24 Seconds to go......

Surely the electricly operated tow bar is fitted at factory during build, rather than a dealer fit option? I'm not expecting dealer to fit mine, so that will be something I check tomorrow.

PF

Skep Feb 28th, 2016 17:41

I was told for the UK market it is fitted at the dealer, something to do with our wiring regs and software I think. I thought it was daft as the rear bumper has to come off and cross member replaced with the towbar version. They have done a bloody good job of it though at Volvo in Derby

PorkaFly Feb 28th, 2016 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skep (Post 2068858)
I was told for the UK market it is fitted at the dealer, something to do with our wiring regs and software I think. I thought it was daft as the rear bumper has to come off and cross member replaced with the towbar version. They have done a bloody good job of it though at Volvo in Derby

Christ...I hope that isn't the case. Will let you know the line I'm given tomorrow :-)

PF

Skep Feb 28th, 2016 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorkaFly (Post 2068877)
Christ...I hope that isn't the case. Will let you know the line I'm given tomorrow :-)

PF

Would be interested to know what you get told, my towbar was added after I placed the order but only a few days and well before it was built. Maybe they just forgot mine 😆 Aside from that it is very neat the way it works, absolutely worth the £900 odd quid

Paulj1 Feb 28th, 2016 19:21

i ordered at the end of June last year

Skep Feb 29th, 2016 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorkaFly (Post 2068877)

PF

Did you get a response from your dealer about the tow bar?

PorkaFly Feb 29th, 2016 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skep (Post 2069536)
Did you get a response from your dealer about the tow bar?

Yes. At first they thought it was dealer fit; and then came back later to confirm it had been factory fitted.

PF