Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   1988 Volvo 360 GLE (Solex Carb. model) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=333244)

iwrigh4 Jun 8th, 2023 17:07

1988 Volvo 360 GLE (Solex Carb. model)

Has anyone got a rough idea of how many 360s still exist? And a rough value for the Solex carb. model not the injection? Hope the members can help.

john.wigley Jun 8th, 2023 21:00

Don't know how many left, 'iwrigh4', I assume the gov't web site isn't any help?

As to value; depending on condition, this could be anything from a few hundred for spares / repairs, to several thousand for a minter. A fuller description with photos if possible may help someone to give you a more specific figure. Does the car have a current MOT? Is it rusty?? Etc., etc. People will need to know much more before they can give you a more accurate figure.

The 360 was a cracking car in period, but the youngest will now be well over 30 years old, time enough for the iron ant to do its worst, unfortunately.

Regards, John.

SteveP Jun 9th, 2023 11:03

Hundreds rather than thousands, if you are collectively talking about 360s as a whole.

The carbed models aren't quite as desirable as the injected GLT but the bodywork condition is the most important bit. Anything from a few hundred pounds, to a few thousand.

I really liked the B200K engine with Solex carb in my 360 GLS.

360beast Jun 9th, 2023 14:18

Is this a metallic green 5 door that had paint damage from a seagull poo on one door? F609NAY was the reg, your username looks familiar and there was one matching that description for sale in Nottingham in about 2016 I think.

I went and looked at it and it was very very rusty back then and in need of a full restoration, the front inner arches were so crusty as I pushed on them I could feel it all flexing and lifting up and you could see the road through the rear arches, the sills were very rusty too, if it is F609NAY then it really is a parts car or a massive restoration job unfortunately so it would only be worth a few hundred if the welding hasn't been done.

Joseph Martin Jun 10th, 2023 11:14

I have a 360 GLE S/R with the Solex carb. F998 SYO. How Many Left somewhat skews numbers, but can be an interesting barometer for models left.

TonyS9 Oct 8th, 2023 16:27

The numbers are in 10s (maybe 30-40) registered on the road, its a very rare car. Although many are not registered / sorned. Mine is Sorned but in good condition and garaged, just awaiting for some change in life style.

The market is pretty small for average cars, if its a spotless factory original low mileage Injection it might go for £6K, spotless carb model maybe £3k. Every car sets a different rule.

Nothing is worth big money in 360s, too few of them made and driven to spark the same interest as a Ford. Good cars though.