Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   replacing self levellers for konis (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70014)

nitro Apr 6th, 2009 19:54

replacing self levellers for konis

hi im replacing my shocks and springs on my v70r. because it has self levellers on at the moment will i need to replace my top mounts and does anything need replacing on the back.
regards jim

dooby Apr 6th, 2009 21:09

Hiya,

assuming it's the FWD (I wouldn't know about the AWD) then yes - new top mounts suitable for standard shocks, new shocks and new springs. Think that's it (it's a while since I did mine).

HTH, Pete

nitro Apr 6th, 2009 21:28

cheers thanks for that. just needed to know what i needed before i pull it apart.

saturnuranus Apr 6th, 2009 21:47

You may also need two lower spring mounts. p/n is 3546435. All assuming 2wd of course!

nitro Apr 7th, 2009 20:14

yes its 2wd. how can i tell if it needs sping mounts.

HULK Apr 7th, 2009 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooby (Post 488627)
Hiya,

assuming it's the FWD (I wouldn't know about the AWD) then yes - new top mounts suitable for standard shocks, new shocks and new springs. Think that's it (it's a while since I did mine).

HTH, Pete

i still have the set of rear koni shoxs and springs i got from you dooby. still havnt fitted them yet LOL

dooby Apr 7th, 2009 22:43

Lol, get on then - and let us know if there's any bits needed we missed :-)

Cheers, Pete

saturnuranus Apr 7th, 2009 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro (Post 489118)
yes its 2wd. how can i tell if it needs sping mounts.

Volvo told me you do, and they list two different part numbers, and the parts do indeed look different. Also the PartsForVolvos Nivomat DIY conversion kit comes with new spring mounts - see here.

HULK Apr 8th, 2009 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooby (Post 489291)
Lol, get on then - and let us know if there's any bits needed we missed :-)

Cheers, Pete

all the right bits are there. but i am going to have to cut the bottom spring mount bolt as its just spinning the other side and no way of holding on to it.
the bolt spins inside the mount clamp thingy so am going to need an angle grinder to take the nut off the bottom.
i will do it eventuly LOL

to change novimat yo normal shox you will need
lower coil mount
new dome nutts for the bottom of the shox (just in case as they can be a bugger and round off)
standered top mounts for the top of the shox as novimat mounts are diferant

other than shoxs and springs thats it

nitro Apr 10th, 2009 16:14

well did mine today did drivers side no problem.did the other side and snapped the lower shock mount off. i had drowned the things in plus gas
every day for a week and warmed them up before trying to undo.is there a
repair kit avaliable for it.it only looks like a press fit