Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   V60 spare wheel problem solved (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=190976)

Brusk57 Oct 20th, 2013 19:14

V60 spare wheel problem solved

I have a V60 D2 and was concerned about no spare wheel. I contacted my local Volvo dealer and now have a space saver spare wheel, jack and tools located under the flap and secured with straps with the wheel in the wheel bag it was supplied in. I don't have the under tray any longer but that's fine.

I understand some floor pans are slightly different so you should try before you buy, total cost £150

All credit to the group service manager at hidden borough Volvo who went out of his way to help.

MtillingVolvo Oct 21st, 2013 10:39

Hello!

Would be interested to see some photos as to how this works/what has been done to secure the spare wheel as I have had a few customers ask about this, but with no official word from Volvo have struggled to give a safe/secure option.

Regards

Marc

nozmeister Oct 22nd, 2013 20:57

Yes please...pics required!!!

I'm thinking of buying a V60 early next year but only if I can get a spare wheel under the boot floor. Seems to be a bit of uncertainty about whether this is possible!!

TIA

kdscot Oct 23rd, 2013 19:56

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, photo of my set up. Would prefer to have something to strap / hold wheel in position so if anyone has any suggestions ....

Hope it's helpful.

ps this is a july 12 v60, some older versions may not have as much space below the boot floor. Apparently you need to look for a 1inch 'ridge' near the back seats?? If you have a flat boot there should be enough space.

MtillingVolvo Oct 24th, 2013 08:01

So at the moment is the wheel loose in that area?

Regards

Marc

kdscot Oct 24th, 2013 20:06

I have old underlay which is below it so once the boot floor is closed it's secure under the floor. There is possibility of a little side to side / even less front to back movement. Ideally I'd like to do something so there can be no movement but I am pretty sure the electrical stuff is all a safe distance from the wheel.

I'm surprised as a dealer you can't get good support from Volvo on this issue, it must be a deal breaker for some buyers?

kdscot Oct 24th, 2013 20:13

For info the part kits I ordered were

31316306 - wheel brace, jack
31373123 - wheel & bag

all for under £140 from Moray Palmer at Strathmore in Perth.

The part numbers that are essential are

31317716 - jack
31381637 - brace
31317980 - wheel & tyre

but I don't know if they can be ordered alone?

nozmeister Oct 25th, 2013 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdscot (Post 1506212)
I have old underlay which is below it so once the boot floor is closed it's secure under the floor. There is possibility of a little side to side / even less front to back movement. Ideally I'd like to do something so there can be no movement but I am pretty sure the electrical stuff is all a safe distance from the wheel.

I'm surprised as a dealer you can't get good support from Volvo on this issue, it must be a deal breaker for some buyers?

Yep - it would be a deal breaker for me!! I'm not driving around with a tin of goo or a spare wheel taking up space in the boot itself!!

Not quite sure what Volvo are thinking of!

MCV60 Oct 25th, 2013 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by nozmeister (Post 1506515)
Yep - it would be a deal breaker for me!! I'm not driving around with a tin of goo or a spare wheel taking up space in the boot itself!!

Not quite sure what Volvo are thinking of!

Surely weight saving, efficiency space saving is what Volvo were thinking of.

MtillingVolvo Oct 25th, 2013 17:17

I have brought it up with Volvo when we have had in dealer training. We have another round coming up soon so I will broach the subject again pointing towards this thread.