Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

windy millar Sep 7th, 2020 19:55

FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272
They are the numbers that I have used in the past, not sure if anything has changed regarding these?

Steve940estate Oct 30th, 2020 15:54

I've just bought some parts from FRF and due to lockdown they are busy, one because they have limited staff and also that more people are getting parts sent rather then picking them up.

sarge2771 Apr 13th, 2021 20:54

Hi Ruffe , are you still supplying parts , ??
I’m after a 7pin towbar wiring for xc90 and trailer module
Xc90 2010 D5 200ps.
Thanks Gary
Ps oh and any advice on fitting thanks again

ASt85 Apr 14th, 2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge2771 (Post 2728485)
Hi Ruffe , are you still supplying parts , ??
I’m after a 7pin towbar wiring for xc90 and trailer module
Xc90 2010 D5 200ps.
Thanks Gary
Ps oh and any advice on fitting thanks again

Try ringing them on 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 NB quote C and you'll get the discount

Shortos Apr 29th, 2021 13:34

Many thanks to FRF who supplied me FOC the very next day with my radio code for my 1990 740.. great service

forbsie09 May 4th, 2021 13:00

Tried calling these guys many times now, if you press option 4 - for parts, no-one EVER answers ! It rings for a while, then goes onto an answering machine, I've left a message, but no-one has returned my call !
So, I tried calling again, but pressing sales knowing someone would answer, then I asked if he can put me through to parts, the guy who answered (I didn't take note of his name) was quite abrupt, and said NO, you have to call the parts department phone number, I said I've called the phone number on your website, do they have a separate number ? he said, I don't know ? I said cant you put me through, please, he (even more) abruptly said, NO I cant !! I asked why, he very rudely and in a quite condescending manner said, WELL, I never set up the phone system, did I ? :shocked:

What a horrible place, I most definitely will NOT be giving them any business :angry_smile:

griston64 May 4th, 2021 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbsie09 (Post 2734082)
Tried calling these guys many times now, if you press option 4 - for parts, no-one EVER answers ! It rings for a while, then goes onto an answering machine, I've left a message, but no-one has returned my call !
So, I tried calling again, but pressing sales knowing someone would answer, then I asked if he can put me through to parts, the guy who answered (I didn't take note of his name) was quite abrupt, and said NO, you have to call the parts department phone number, I said I've called the phone number on your website, do they have a separate number ? he said, I don't know ? I said cant you put me through, please, he (even more) abruptly said, NO I cant !! I asked why, he very rudely and in a quite condescending manner said, WELL, I never set up the phone system, did I ? :shocked:

What a horrible place, I most definitely will NOT be giving them any business :angry_smile:

I've been using them for a number of years and always found them to be excellent.
It's a shame you have had a negative experience with them as they are very useful for hard to get spares for older cars

ASt85 May 4th, 2021 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbsie09 (Post 2734082)

I've been using FRF for over 12 years now and never had any problem whatsoever. They are always polite, extremely helpful and very free with useful advice and guidance.

They have recently gone through a series of building reorganisation and refurbishments, but their exemplary service has never faltered.

Which number did you phone?

NB it is always worth trying both quoted numbers ie 01792 790066 or 01792 784272

Ant22 May 21st, 2021 15:10

[QUOTE=Rufe;397280]My name is Simon and I have worked in the parts department at FRF Motors (a Volvo main dealer) for the best part of the last 10 years. I actually worked in a Nissan dealership parts department for a couple of years before here, selling parts. I have a genuine interest in cars and modifying, involving spending many weekends over the years at various meets and events of every type, camping or staying at most of the tracks around the country for various things. Luckily for me, my partner (lottie) is 100% as keen on cars as i am, belonging to many forums herself, and has allways been happy to join me.

I feel that the fact I have been a fairly big user of many forums over the last 5 or 6 years all helps me provide the service that I would expect to get if i was on the buying side of the equation. Main delaers tend to have a bad name i find, (sometimes it is justified of course, but not all times) and it can feel like an uphill batte at times trying to convince people that not everyone at every dealership is the enemy.

Working in a Volvo main dealer and being a big fourm user meant that eventualy the two came together. First of all i was allways able to offer any help or adivce that i could from the systems i use daily. Then i would sometimes get asked how much i could supply a certain part for, and i would sell a part here or there, though this then quickly snowballed in the amount that i was supplying through mail order, where today it is pretty much a full time job for me. I have the full backing for what I do, from the rest of the parts team in the dealership, though i tend to handle 99% of the enquiries myself. If you send me a message on this or any other site i use0 or to the email, it will allways be myself who is replying to you.

Over the years I have supplied countless parts to internet forum users, all of which have been given the maximum discount by us which varies from part to part. I take the cost price then add a small percentage to that price to hopefully make it the best possible price you will find for the genuine item, even after postage is added generally we will be cheaper than getting it locally. I haven't used gimmicks, I simply give the best possible price at all times.

I would like to add that I personaly have no financial gain from this, i do not make anything extra from this service, (as i have been asked on a few occassions). For me it really is a case of piles of extra work... lol (honest!) but i enjoy doing it and enjoy being able to provide this service to fellow volvo owners.

During normal office hours I am almost always available for help or to give prices for parts although I may not be able to reply to you outside working hours.

Please use this link for all of your parts enquiries:

Link Removed. Please read This post...

and I will always reply at the first possible opportunity.

All quotes given will show the full Volvo retail price, the discounted price you will pay and the cost of postage clearly. I take the service we provide here (to all internet users) very seriously with it getting my priority at all times.

Please continue to use this thread to leave any feedback for our services, it all helps me to be able to continue with what I have been doing for longer I suppose!

Thanks to everyone who has used us past, present and future!

Many thanks

Simon :)

Hi Simon,
Can you confirm how much a MAF sensor plug would be for my volvo RJ56USP.

Kindest Regards

Ant

ASt85 May 22nd, 2021 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant22 (Post 2739072)

Hi Simon,
Can you confirm how much a MAF sensor plug would be for my volvo RJ56USP.

Kindest Regards

Ant

I would strongly suggest you give try giving Simon a ring on their dedicated numbers 01792 790066 &/or 01792 784272 and quote C for the discount.

IMHO whilst I've never yet had a problem with FRF over the last ten years that I have been buying Volvo parts from them I always ring them quoting C and you'll get the discount, plus given their throughput you might well wait a few days before you get a web based response - a phone call takes a few seconds and ALWAYS gets their attention and the required result :regular_smile: