Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Rear windshield wiper (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307787)

ajblogs Jul 11th, 2020 15:13

Rear windshield wiper

I have a sort of a silly question. I recently purchased a Volvo S90. With all the rains (love the summer!) I'm keen to have the rear windshield clean when driving.

But I cannot seem to locate a wiper on the rear windshield. Is that normal? It's crazy that we have a cleaning tool for the headlights but no wiper for the windshield !?!

tem Jul 11th, 2020 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajblogs (Post 2646531)
I have a sort of a silly question. I recently purchased a Volvo S90. With all the rains (love the summer!) I'm keen to have the rear windshield clean when driving.

But I cannot seem to locate a wiper on the rear windshield. Is that normal? It's crazy that we have a cleaning tool for the headlights but no wiper for the windshield !?!

The Volvo S90 is a salon car.
I cannot think of a salon car that has a rear wiper?
But I am sure someone will correct me, if I am wrong.

tem.

nu11eaf Jul 11th, 2020 17:10

The S90 does not have a rear wiper, I had an S90 as a service loan car once and it was the first thing I picked up on as it badly needs a rear wiper as the low sloping rear window collects a lot of water in town driving, not as bad when moving faster.
Volvo should really add one to future models as a safety feature.

Mad Malc Jul 11th, 2020 18:29

I have never had an issue with the rear screen becoming dirty. It stays relatively free of dirt so do not worry. The rear of the car however does get dirty very quickly. I think someone got the air flow right.

nu11eaf Jul 11th, 2020 20:07

It was water staying on the rear screen that I found to obscure vision not dirt.

Whyman Jul 11th, 2020 21:20

Try RainX on the rear screen.

Wotks for me but I never put it on the windscreen.

apnicolle Jul 11th, 2020 22:18

Peugeot saloons had a rear wiper as an option, in the case of the 309, 306 and 405 for sure. I always thought not having one was daft for exactly the reasons you stated.

Philip Fisher Jul 11th, 2020 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2646547)
The Volvo S90 is a salon car.
I cannot think of a salon car that has a rear wiper?
But I am sure someone will correct me, if I am wrong.

tem.

The staggeringly ugly and massively unpopular Ford Focus saloon had a rear wiper.

tem Jul 11th, 2020 23:08

Thanks.
I knew that I would be corrected.
Great forum.

tem.

ajblogs Jul 11th, 2020 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2646550)
The S90 does not have a rear wiper, I had an S90 as a service loan car once and it was the first thing I picked up on as it badly needs a rear wiper as the low sloping rear window collects a lot of water in town driving, not as bad when moving faster.
Volvo should really add one to future models as a safety feature.

Precisely. Obviously, it being a sedan there isn't an issue with the dirt, but I'm tired of the water obscuring my vision all the time. I'm in the City, so an average speed of 14 mph since the time I've had the car, and the tiny rain droplet really does my head in.

It's my first sedan, but I really do think slow driving necessitates a rear windscreen wiper!