Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Creaking seats (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292837)

Tayj230989 Mar 14th, 2019 15:07

Creaking seats

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 6 month old S90 D5 R-Design pro after running a 14 plate V60 D5 R-design lux for a couple of years. Love the new car and the jump in technology is astounding.

I have had the car a couple of days and there is an annoying creaking/popping noise coming from the driver seat when I either brake or accelerate. The car has the standard Leather/Nubuck R-design seats.

I will be taking the car back to have it done under warranty but I was just wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue?

Thank you!

familymangreg Mar 14th, 2019 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tayj230989 (Post 2504215)
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 6 month old S90 D5 R-Design pro after running a 14 plate V60 D5 R-design lux for a couple of years. Love the new car and the jump in technology is astounding.

I have had the car a couple of days and there is an annoying creaking/popping noise coming from the driver seat when I either brake or accelerate. The car has the standard Leather/Nubuck R-design seats.

I will be taking the car back to have it done under warranty but I was just wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue?

Thank you!

I have a similar, but possibly slightly different issue with my MY17 XC90, the passenger seat has started to creak when you go over bumps and there is someone sat in it. It's getting worse and quite annoying.

I can make it happen by sitting in the seat and rocking from one side to another. It needs a bit of weight, and doesn't happen when my children (5 stone ish) are sat in it.

:wq

Berkshirebob Mar 14th, 2019 21:48

Mine doesn’t creak (yet) but does click every time I pull away from a dead stop.

Ringthane Mar 14th, 2019 23:28

My drivers seat has started creaking, but I find it quite endearing, like a favourite old chesterfield.

I must be getting old...

Williemaykit Mar 15th, 2019 09:39

May be the seat base? Many moons ago I had a VW which used to have an issue with seat bases cracking

ian77 Mar 15th, 2019 12:23

I have this too, not so much a creak but definitely a noise from the seat. I remember having the exact same thing on my old style V60 when it was new and some ‘special grease’ on the seat runners under warranty fixed it for good.

jamei305 Mar 15th, 2019 13:04

The V40 I got new last year has white grease smothered all over the seat rails. It's a pain because it gets on my vacuum cleaner brush.

Perhaps they realised there was an issue and this grease is their solution, the creaking seems to have been common across many Volvo models.

Tayj230989 Mar 16th, 2019 07:43

Thanks everyone, the car is booked in on Tuesday so will see what they come up with there is very annoying squeaking noise coming from around the A-pillar too so hopefully that will get sorted.

wrxseeker Mar 18th, 2019 17:10

Let us know how you get on please - My 18 plate XC60 R Design drivers seat is creaking like mad !

DangerMUK Mar 18th, 2019 22:34

My XC90 passenger seat sits there cracking away over non-smooth surfaces, quite annoying, will try and figure it out not a big deal.