Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   breaking - V40 P2 2001 grey - 1.8 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=181676)

cookie Jun 2nd, 2013 23:08

breaking - V40 P2 2001 grey - 1.8

1 Attachment(s)
Will shove some pics up tommorow, but have a V40 I need for some parts, but happy to sell off anything, that might be of use to anyone, has 4 decent alloys (3 very good, 1 has some kerbing, and small chip) back tyres have 4mm+ of tread, fronts near wear limit on insides, all budgets)

manual, with the piano black trim (T4 already has that, so its up for grabs) N/S halogen black bezel headlight, rear spoiler, may have bottom spoiler bit of front bumper (will know tomorrow or tues)

It doesn't have a cup holder in the dash, infact it doesn't have heated seats, cruise, dsc, electric rear windows or a sunroof

collection from near rochester (M2 J1/A2/A289 junction), or can post at cost

plan is to take what I want, and get scrap collected within a couple of weeks, don't have much room so not keeping loads of crap for months on end, or holding onto to something for weeks, cos someone want a bit for a fiver, and don't get paid for 4 weeks.

VVT pulley making normal noise and car has done 183K, not looked at history to see how much of mechanical bits are origional, but drove about 150 miles, and it drove fine (I believe it has a full (ish) stamped hisotry - only sound seems to be very slight noise from N/S rear wheel bearing, but could be just the tyres, will jack up and have a spin of wheel , (just so gutless compared to T4) not planning to sell engine or box due to mileage, other than if you want to come and remove yourself, and give me 50 quid for engine and 10 quid for box, as scrap metal.

Just to add, has fabric seats with a token strip of leather on bolsters, and fabric on door panels (the trim can be removed/refitted, but may require new snap washer things, that slide on back to hold trim in place

Batfink Jun 3rd, 2013 08:12

Do you know what sort of shape the rear calipers are in? If they are in decent condition, how much for the pair?

Cheers

cookie Jun 3rd, 2013 10:55

not looked, handbrake seems good, and it brakes in a straight line, will let you know (but may not be till tommorow) but if ok, would do for £10 a side + postage, will look and photograph first.

Batfink Jun 3rd, 2013 11:53

Sounds good to me. :)

sucram Jun 3rd, 2013 14:55

Hi

Do you have a good drivers side front door seal, the one that fits the door aperture, not the door itself?

Cheers

Marcus.

cookie Jun 3rd, 2013 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucram (Post 1427026)
Hi

Do you have a good drivers side front door seal, the one that fits the door aperture, not the door itself?

Cheers

Marcus.

will check in the morning, didn't hear any whistling so guess ok, but will inspect B4 commiting

mitchyboy01 Jun 3rd, 2013 16:58

Hi, what condition is the drivers door in? If it's scratch and dent free how much?

Also, do you have the code for the stereo?

Thanks.

sarumboy Jun 3rd, 2013 18:26

I'd like the rear spoiler please if it's not damaged. How much? I'd collect. Also the main engine undertray if it has one. Cheers Sarumboy.

maxivolvo Jun 3rd, 2013 18:35

how much for the steering wheel?

cookie Jun 3rd, 2013 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxivolvo (Post 1427128)
how much for the steering wheel?

steering wheel is way past its best, I tried cleaning it, and colour started coming off, so not worth removing/posting