Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AWD: 70: Wheels (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286702)

DLM48 Sep 22nd, 2018 20:38

Wheels

what if any genuine volvo 17" wheels will fit on my 2004 V70R AWD

I was looking at some 17 inch Thor and 17 inch Canicula will they fit???

I was looking to put a bit more rubber between me and the road as the rubber-bands that are standard scared the $hit out of me when I went into 'war zone Glasgow' littered with what looked like and felt like bomb craters on the roads

I know I drive 'a tank' but it does not have tracks :-(

thanks

Turbodave Sep 25th, 2018 10:06

I believe only 17" Pegasus alloys fit the V70R, no other OEM Volvo alloy will fit thanks to the caliper clearance... or lack off. Aftermarket options are available, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 seem fairly popular and I guess a few others can be made to fit with spacers.

It's one of the reasons mine isn't a daily driver, granted you can hit a ninja spec pothole any where, any time but driving day in, day out on some of our roads is just a total chore with the 18's and 4C setup.

As an aside, martin from Montrose who just sold his black V70R has / had a set of Alutec 17's with winter tyres for sale... not sure if he still has them or not.

Cheers

DLM48 Sep 25th, 2018 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbodave (Post 2450942)
I believe only 17" Pegasus alloys fit the V70R, no other OEM Volvo alloy will fit thanks to the caliper clearance... or lack off. Aftermarket options are available, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 seem fairly popular and I guess a few others can be made to fit with spacers.

It's one of the reasons mine isn't a daily driver, granted you can hit a ninja spec pothole any where, any time but driving day in, day out on some of our roads is just a total chore with the 18's and 4C setup.

As an aside, martin from Montrose who just sold his black V70R has / had a set of Alutec 17's with winter tyres for sale... not sure if he still has them or not.

Cheers

I think i have some Pegasus wheels buried in my cellar not sure if they are 17 or 18 inch ones

Going though Glasgow the other day I HAD to take to a lane to avoid the roadworks in Sauchiehall Street that WAS a VERY VERY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE I even stopped once out in Blythswood Square to check the wheels were still there and undamaged.....I wont do that again in a hurry.

Turbodave Sep 25th, 2018 14:14

I've sent you a link to the wheels I was referring to.

Have sourced a spare for mine... just in case!

DLM48 Sep 27th, 2018 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbodave (Post 2451058)
I've sent you a link to the wheels I was referring to.

Have sourced a spare for mine... just in case!

My car came with FIVE but the spare wheel depression is filled with a LPG toroidal tank in the spare wheel well,

Swings and Roundabouts !!!!

Turbodave Sep 28th, 2018 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLM48 (Post 2451682)
My car came with FIVE but the spare wheel depression is filled with a LPG toroidal tank in the spare wheel well,

Swings and Roundabouts !!!!

I have a space saver but also have the active subwoofer so I don't think I can have an 18" spare and keep it... but it was more as a spare in case I destroy one on the car and thus, can't be repaired which given the mess of the roads, is highly likely! Will keep the space saver in place, I like my subwoofer for my mid life crisis / Tom Wilson / Ultrasonic throw back sessions when the wife's not in the car.

DLM48 Sep 28th, 2018 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbodave (Post 2452024)
I have a space saver but also have the active subwoofer so I don't think I can have an 18" spare and keep it... but it was more as a spare in case I destroy one on the car and thus, can't be repaired which given the mess of the roads, is highly likely! Will keep the space saver in place, I like my subwoofer for my mid life crisis / Tom Wilson / Ultrasonic throw back sessions when the wife's not in the car.

I have got a space saver for my C70 so on my trip up north when I need some space to collect youknowwhats I might remove my full-size wheel and just take the space saver with me

DLM48 Aug 9th, 2019 15:20

just looking a tyres again and in my cellar I have 245/40/18's and on the car 235/40/18's so I might do a wee swap once I have the car back on the road and completed a tranny oil flush out... using the Gibbons method