Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   wanted volvo 240 saloon (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=333125)

Huskte Jun 3rd, 2023 10:08

wanted volvo 240 saloon

Hello, I'm currently looking for a 240 saloon. I'm located in norfolk but am willing to look further afield. If anyone knows of one for sale or has one for sale please let me know :).

Othen Jun 4th, 2023 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskte (Post 2898670)
Hello, I'm currently looking for a 240 saloon. I'm located in norfolk but am willing to look further afield. If anyone knows of one for sale or has one for sale please let me know :).

I've sent you a PM.

:regular_smile:

Moomoo Jun 4th, 2023 16:19

The plot, like my gravy, thickens!🤔

Othen Jun 4th, 2023 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2898824)

Nothing nefarious Andrew, I was chatting with an old friend over a cuppa this morn - about my move to Somerset. An idea that came up was selling the Barge, mainly to avoid the logistics of moving 3 motor cars and 2 motorcycles. When pushed by this friend I had to admit that all the aims I'd set myself when I bought the motor car a year ago have been met:
a. It was never meant to be a long term keeper (that is what GAM is for), but an opportunity project.

b. The original idea was the project would take me about 18 months, by which time the Barge would be qualified as an historic vehicle. I had thought that would be in April 2024, but on checking I found that it was a 1982 manufactured vehicle (by 3 days I think). The Barge is now tax and MoT exempt, so I no longer have that excuse to keep it whilst I wait for it to qualify as an historic vehicle.

c. Although I'd planned to take about 18 months improving the motor car to a good standard, it turned out to be much better than I'd expected so I'd run out of jobs after about 3 months (although as you will now, I've invented a few more in the meantime which have made it even nicer).
So, having met all my aims and produced a really good motor car I've run out of excuses to keep it :shocked:. Saying that, I really like the motor car and don't need to sell it, so I see no reason why I'd give it away cheaply. It is far too good for that and if I end up taking it to Somerset with me that would be far from a calamity.

I'll let you know what happens.

:bricks:

https://i.imgur.com/aSkGYZ9.jpg

john.wigley Jun 4th, 2023 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2898824)

If I know Alan, he'll be looking for project #4 'ere long! :regular_smile: J.

Othen Jun 4th, 2023 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.wigley (Post 2898829)
If I know Alan, he'll be looking for project #4 'ere long! :regular_smile: J.

Of course you are right John. That came up in the conversation over a cuppa this morn as well. I had to concede that it would be most sensible to get settled in Berrow sur la Mar this year and get my garage/workshop established, then look for another project (maybe another motorcycle, perhaps a 240 or an early 740 that was not too far off qualifying as an historic vehicle?).

I had to admit this morn that it would make more sense to sell the Barge before moving to Somerset than afterwards, and then find a new project during the winter :speechless-smiley-4.

I hate having to admit I am wrong - but I did today.

john.wigley Jun 4th, 2023 17:21

Not wrong, Alan; just looking at it from an alternative point of view! Regards, J.

Othen Jun 4th, 2023 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.wigley (Post 2898837)
Not wrong, Alan; just looking at it from an alternative point of view! Regards, J.

As sometimes happens John, I think I was too close to the problem to see a really obvious solution.

:speechless-smiley-4

Moomoo Jun 4th, 2023 18:25

All of what you say is bang on mate , forgive the teasing.

The bonus is , a forum member gets a sorted motor. I can’t see a negative, as long as the Barge fits the criteria.

It also leaves a tantalising gap for a purchase when things settle à la Zommerrzette.

👍👍

Othen Jun 4th, 2023 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2898853)
All of what you say is bang on mate , forgive the teasing.

The bonus is , a forum member gets a sorted motor. I can’t see a negative, as long as the Barge fits the criteria.

It also leaves a tantalising gap for a purchase when things settle à la Zommerrzette.

👍👍

… and this is what I do Andrew: find interesting nearly 40 year old cars and bikes that are substantially okay but need a bit of love, enjoy sorting out all their issues and turning them into nice vehicles, sell them on once qualified as historic to fund the next project… and so the cycle of life starts again.

:speechless-smiley-4

I’m pleased I had that discussion over a cuppa or two this morn, this plan is entirely coherent and I’ll really enjoy looking around for a next project in Zommerrzette during the winter.