Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   My 2010 V70 R-design progress thread (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=306904)

reggit Jun 12th, 2020 20:30

My 2010 V70 R-design progress thread

4 Attachment(s)
OK, a couple of folk on here have asked me to start a progress thread on the car I picked up last Tuesday.

It’s a 2010MY car with a nice spec, premium pack, BLIS, adaptive cruise and some other toys. It has the 205bhp D5 engine with an auto box.

Bought with an iffy drivers door catch, it seemed to be out of alignment and would only fully close 50% of the time. Easy I thought 😂

There was also an ‘engine service urgent’ message appeared, but no light or limp mode. Stunningly obvious that the car has only been used for short runs for a while judging by the average mpg, and miles to go when I put diesel in it. £30 of fuel initially showed 90 miles range, when I got home after 50 miles, that had climbed to 225 miles.

Also noted that the driver side heater is stuck on full heat - 😅

Some pics of the car as I bought it, the interior ones taken whilst I was driving back from collecting it - at a dead stop in roadworks I hasten to add.

Sorry, 3 of these are a repeat from another thread. Hmm, don’t know why it’s putting them in the wrong orientation?

reggit Jun 12th, 2020 20:34

Wed 10th June

Decided to fix the door closing issue, only to find that once the door was closing properly, the central locking wouldn’t work on that door.

Started to pull the door apart to trace the locking issue, it’s not easy to get the lock module out of the door - gave up for the day!

Found out that my Vida laptop was sulking and wouldn’t play so couldn’t scan the codes, so decided to connect it to v-dash and use that to get codes.

Montana Jun 12th, 2020 20:41

good stuff, will keep my eye on this :)

reggit Jun 12th, 2020 20:46

Locking mechanism

5 Attachment(s)
Got the locking mechanism out, useful video on YouTube, the keyless entry thingy on mine adds extra complication that isn’t really needed.

Identified that the locking motor is definitely dead, so a new one is now on its way. Now I’ve got a car with no latch or handle until the new bits turn up!

On the plus side, I got Vida working and can see something amiss with the CCM. The car was scanned with the drivers door in bits, so it looks worse than it is.

The window has to be released from its mechanism and taped up or removed to strip the door lock out. The tape gave up holding it overnight and it poured down. It’s now temporarily reconnected so it stays up.

Stu B Jun 13th, 2020 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montana (Post 2638180)
good stuff, will keep my eye on this :)

Me too! Keep up the good work :regular_smile:

reggit Jun 14th, 2020 09:30

Hmm, the car has a couple of damper motors not working on the climate control and the drivers side heated seat doesn’t work although the button works as expected.
Just been looking at wiring diagrams and all 3 of these are on the same LIN bus cable coming out of the CCU module. I can’t see anything else on this bus line, although it’s possible.
Hoping to find a bad connection, but more likely a fault on the Climate module in my opinion.
It’s not an urgent issue, so can wait until I’ve got the drivers door lock working properly.

reggit Jun 19th, 2020 20:51

I swapped out the climate panel today with one from eBay with the same part number (£48), everything on the LIN bus that wasn’t working now is - didn’t need software or anything and there’s no codes stored - that’s me happy.

Also got the drivers lock working, a £10 motor from China and a lot of swearing and the locks are all working and the keyless entry thingy works as well. Drivers window is sticking badly now, hoping I’ve just got it misaligned.

Engine oil change this weekend, once I’ve got the door sorted. Still working out what gearbox oil to use as it seems to be on a change over and 3 different types have been mentioned. However i thing a 20l rub of 3309 may turn up next week if I can’t work it out and I’ll just flush the box.

reggit Jun 19th, 2020 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggit (Post 2640591)
However i think a 20l tub of 3309.

Haha - predictive text!

reggit Jun 20th, 2020 12:04

Window fixed, I didn’t realise that the bottom rail of the window mechanism is supposed to slide on runners - it didn’t.
A bit of elbow grease and white grease this morning and all is well.

100K+ Jun 20th, 2020 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggit (Post 2638183)
Got the locking mechanism out, useful video on YouTube, .

I think I have seen that video. Made the job look relatively easy. BUT as I have discovered these jobs are never as straight forward as others make them look. Remove cable from clip - yeah thats not going to happen this side of Christmas!
Congratulations to you for making a success of the job. Very surprised the climate panel was a plug and play item - not what I would have expected despite matching part numbers.
P2 never liked 2nd hand bits ( well mine don't and expected P3 to be even more finikey.)
Again congrats and keep us informed.
Cheers Bob