Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   XC90 D5 2006 errors 1000 & 1600 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=311714)

martynports Nov 12th, 2020 20:57

XC90 D5 2006 errors 1000 & 1600

Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping okay during the lockdown.

I’ve recently purchased a 2006 XC90 D5 Auto and am completely in love with it. I have VIDA and bought the car with the engine light on, and was expecting a bit of work. Plugged it in and the first and main error was the MAF. Swapped out for a genuine Bosch one, error has gone and not come back.

I’m getting a few repeated errors still:

ECM-1000 Atmospheric Pressure Sensor - Faulty Signal
ECM-1600 Boost Pressure Sensor - Signal outside its permitted range

I’m also, randomly, seeing an error for a MAP sensor related issue, but this has only been once or twice and not as regular as the other two.

The last one, which I’m not overly concerned about at this moment in time is; ECM-6662 Glow relay control - faulty signal. I understand this to be glow plug on cylinder two, or the wiring to it.

I’m struggling with 1000 & 1600 - either the ECU is knackered (for 1000 according to VIDA) or it needs a boost pressure sensor. Possibly even a map sensor.

Has anyone had any experience with these, and if so, what was the outcome for you?

Thanking you muchly in advance!

gmonag Nov 13th, 2020 10:50

Have you followed the diagnostic instructions in VIDA - reading the atmospheric presuure and boost pressure using the VCT2000 icon?

Clan Nov 13th, 2020 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by martynports (Post 2681066)
Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping okay during the lockdown.

I’ve recently purchased a 2006 XC90 D5 Auto and am completely in love with it. I have VIDA and bought the car with the engine light on, and was expecting a bit of work. Plugged it in and the first and main error was the MAF. Swapped out for a genuine Bosch one, error has gone and not come back.

I’m getting a few repeated errors still:

ECM-1000 Atmospheric Pressure Sensor - Faulty Signal
ECM-1600 Boost Pressure Sensor - Signal outside its permitted range

I’m also, randomly, seeing an error for a MAP sensor related issue, but this has only been once or twice and not as regular as the other two.

The last one, which I’m not overly concerned about at this moment in time is; ECM-6662 Glow relay control - faulty signal. I understand this to be glow plug on cylinder two, or the wiring to it.

I’m struggling with 1000 & 1600 - either the ECU is knackered (for 1000 according to VIDA) or it needs a boost pressure sensor. Possibly even a map sensor.

Has anyone had any experience with these, and if so, what was the outcome for you?

Thanking you muchly in advance!

This is most likely the boost pressure sensor in the left intercooler outlet stub under the left headlamp under the bonnet .

SiliconS Feb 21st, 2024 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2681203)
This is most likely the boost pressure sensor in the left intercooler outlet stub under the left headlamp under the bonnet .

Hey Clan. Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but the OP's description of his/her problems closely matches my own and I'm hunting for a solution.

I'd love to get close to the answer as quickly as possible before I lose the will to live. Please could you explain what about the symptoms leads you to your wonderfully clear conclusion?

Clan Feb 22nd, 2024 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiliconS (Post 2937284)
Hey Clan. Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but the OP's description of his/her problems closely matches my own and I'm hunting for a solution.

I'd love to get close to the answer as quickly as possible before I lose the will to live. Please could you explain what about the symptoms leads you to your wonderfully clear conclusion?

Well there are 2 or 3 atmospheric pressure sensors on the car you just compare the readings to each other and one is usually somewhat different to the other two. It might help if you check your present atmospheric pressure from a weather map on the day to give you a base correct reading . Also in working for 47 years on Volvos the one in the left hand intercooler pipe are the only ones I have found faulty !

SiliconS Feb 25th, 2024 12:07

OK thanks Clan. I'll see what readings I can see using my code reader then. Fingers crossed!

SiliconS Feb 25th, 2024 13:29

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the readings from my iCarsoft reader.

Intake manifold: 1066 hPa
Atmospheric: 983 hPa

According to the UK weather agency, today's atmospheric pressure is 993 mb or hPa, so both the car's readings seem to be within tolerance to me.

If anybody has any suggestions based on this info, I'd be really grateful to hear them!

SiliconS Feb 27th, 2024 20:30

May I be permitted a gentle bump now please?