Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   360 GLT Saloon with power steering for sale. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=142284)

classic volvo Jan 4th, 2012 11:35

360 GLT Saloon with power steering for sale.

10 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I have decided its time I let my much loved 360 GLT go. I bought the car sometime ago from an elderly couple who had the car for many years.

It was my intention to restore this car to concours as they are getting so rare now. However I have realised I just simply dont have the time.

The car has a mint interior the seats are like new, and it even has that special volvo 360 smell inside.

The car has power steering, central locking and electric front windows and heated seats etc, which all work.

Throughout its life it was always been serviced by the volvo main dealer and has had many new parts fitted a just before it came off the road in 2009 such as the air flow meter which was a lot of money.

It starts on the key everytime and sounds as it should very quiet and pulls like a train.

Its only done 102,000 miles 2.0 injection engine mated to a very smooth 5 speed box.

The tyres are all good and it would pass an mot im sure witout any problems.

The only thing that lets this car down is the body work, it would benefit from a couple of replacement doors and the sunroof has some rust on it also. With a few knocks hear and there on the panels but nothing major.

I would love to see this beautiful old volvo go to a good home where someone will bring it back to its former glory.

Please make me an offer and take her away and enjoy.

Im Steve and can be contacted on 07786864375.

evoman Jan 4th, 2012 16:51

Nice car, good luck with the sale, Is that a 240 GLT in the background of a pic? I love them in silver!

classic volvo Jan 5th, 2012 18:08

Thanks, yes that is a 240 GLT saloon in the back ground. I agree they do look good in silver.

Do you need any bits for your 360?

classic volvo Jan 6th, 2012 19:05

360 GLT be quick

Hiya Folks,

Is there any interest in this old girl??

I will keep her another week then will have to send her to the scarap yard

The scarap dealer has offered me £160, so if anyone wants her for that its yours, but will only be able to keep her another week as Im loosing my parking space.

kind regards,

Steven.

244T Jan 7th, 2012 20:25

360 glt!!!!

Someone must be able to give this a home!!!! looks a fantastic and when did you last see one!!

Please hang on to it 'til some very lucky person comes along!!

VND Jan 8th, 2012 09:48

I'll take it at that price to save it from the crusher.
I'll give you a call later in the day.

* edit- Just noticed where you are. A long way from me. Would there be someone available at your end to drive it onto a trailer if I arrange shipping. Probly going to tripple the price for me but I won't see a nice 300 scrapped.

SteveP Jan 8th, 2012 10:18

Hope VND can get hold of this - it would be a real shame for that to go to the crusher, it looks lovely. Surely you could get a train ;)

VND Jan 8th, 2012 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP (Post 1063071)
Hope VND can get hold of this - it would be a real shame for that to go to the crusher, it looks lovely. Surely you could get a train ;)

As the seller mentioned its off the road, and there's no mention of t or t, I'm guessing driving it home isn't an option?
Or am I missing something?

VND Jan 8th, 2012 11:59

Good to speak to you Steve.
Shall watch this space.

Ben

classic volvo Jan 8th, 2012 12:10

volvo 360

Hello Ben,

Was great hearing from you also, will keep you posted.

Regards,

Steve.