Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Breaking Volvo 144 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=210238)

Audrey Old Jul 20th, 2014 20:31

Breaking Volvo 144

Now that I have sold my Volvo 142 I no longer need the 144 I bought for spares to support it. I acquired it for the entire suspension and steering setup.

It is a very late automatic (no quarter light windows, interior like a 240) ; it is all there except grill and one front wing, but the back end is smashed in.
It is a big bumper model and the engine is probably spoken for.
The car is located inland from Bognor in a private space next to my lockups.

All glass is there, doors are decent, red trim is decent. I shall be stripping it in the next couple of weeks or so : does anybody want any bits?

Paul

classicswede Jul 20th, 2014 21:31

Is the dash top any good?

kolby Jul 20th, 2014 22:01

does it have a stereo?
Dan

Computer Jones Jul 21st, 2014 08:34

I'm missing a bit of front windscreen chrome- the hockey-stick-shaped bit on the passenger side. how much for that?

Audrey Old Jul 23rd, 2014 17:13

breaking 144

Will be going to refresh my memory on this car after weekend, as I can't remember what dash-top is like. Similarly re radio but I have an 8-track system from the 164E I broke up recently, if its any help.
The good news is that I CAN remember the windscreen surround is all there (this getting-old business is very sad....).
Will advise more upon my return.

Paul

Madmatt01 Jul 24th, 2014 22:52

Hi Paul,
Going to try and contact you over the weekend, can you pm best number to do this on? Regarding vandalised 240 and possibly this?

Many thanks, matt

classicswede Jul 24th, 2014 23:18

I might also be interested in the bonnet and doors if they are solid

Audrey Old Aug 8th, 2014 20:02

Breaking 144

Finally back on this computer (not mine) so can answer some queries. Firstly the dash top has a split about 3" long on the left side of the peak over the instruments. Upon inspection both front door bottoms have rusted through - the rear ones seem OK though. The bonnet is rubbish - just like the bootlid before it got thumped - how was it ever on the road? It doesn't have a sterio. I have the windscreen corner so can post if you PM me your address.

Will be removing engine etc in a weeks time or so, after which perhaps the steering etc and will remove its big alloy bumpers before it goes for scrap. Hope that helps you: will be going to that store again soon as I can't make my Land Rover run properly (again!) so if you want me to look at any other bits for you please advise.

Paul

geoff gibbs Aug 8th, 2014 22:09

Hello Paul I would like 1st chance of the back axle please. Email ggjgibbs@aol.com or call 07836 243 595

Thanks

Audrey Old Aug 10th, 2014 12:36

Breaking 144

Will be starting on 144 in the next week or so, but can't post an axle (!). Car about 5 miles north of Bognor on the south coast - do you intend to collect?

Paul