Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Scotland: Christmas Social (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=45746)

locky2306 Oct 14th, 2007 00:11

Christmas Social

It's about time we started to look at what everyone would be interested in doing for a Christmas day out.

There are a few ideas that Jean and Myself have came up with, but would encourage feedback, as we want to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

The first idea was to visit the National Museum of Flight, a good all rounder for the family. Then we started to look at the more adventurous idea's, these included GoKarting at Scotkart, and Bedlam Paintball.

Obviously, it is what you the members want, this is your day out. Ideas, suggestions etc are welcomed and the one with the greatest interest wins it.

migrator Oct 14th, 2007 11:57

I like the Museum of Filght idea - mainly because it is just up the road! Not sure if there would be a lot to do other than have (another for me) walk round and visit the cafe. I don't know if they do anything special for "Christmas" visits.

I reckon that my pair would be happier with the karting or the Bedlam visit. I could even have a go at the karting but would need a bit of a start as I would be carrying "excess"!!

weestar Oct 16th, 2007 10:48

anymore suggestions all welcome :D

locky2306 Oct 16th, 2007 13:10

Thought there would have been a bigger response.

I would like to add that I will try and locate it a centrally as possible so it is attractive to all members.

cumbrianmale Oct 16th, 2007 23:56

Somewhere for a meal and natter would suit us.

Karting is not too good when you have bad backs and sciatica.

Jim760 Oct 17th, 2007 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cumbrianmale (Post 304679)
Somewhere for a meal and natter would suit us.

Karting is not too good when you have bad backs and sciatica.

you got under the limo quick enough ! ;)

true tho karting may not be ideal tho i am well up for that :D

it might be ideal if everyone who was intrested, to put up the idea they would fancly doing as a group, no point i everyone splintering off is there? or IS there?

weestar Oct 17th, 2007 00:20

im up for anything, as long as theres no height restrictions :lol:
the 3 ideas that locky has mentioned was just a starting line if you like to put it.
so get posting your own ideas so we can get things organized :D:D:D

Mike1967 Oct 17th, 2007 00:27

bungy jumping ?

cumbrianmale Oct 17th, 2007 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim760 (Post 304681)
you got under the limo quick enough ! ;)

The ground doesn't slide or crash, lol

Lying on my back under a car is about as energetic as I get.

vollnut Oct 21st, 2007 21:26

How about the Transport Museum in Glasgow? I'm pretty sure its free entry, although I'm not sure about winter opening times.