Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   700 Owners Convoy - Northern BKV. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=155842)

Prufrock Jun 19th, 2012 10:29

700 Owners Convoy - Northern BKV.

I shall be taking a run up to Wetherby Racecourse (venue for the Northen BKV) on Sunday the 29th July...I wondered if any 700 owners would like to join me - perhaps meeting somewhere on the A1 for a 700 convoy to Wetherby.

Appreciate this may only appeal, because of the distance, to the more"northern"based owners - that's by no means a given though.

Flag up your interest here guys and gals.

Prufrock.

Prufrock Jun 20th, 2012 19:51

Bump to the top.

We need some interest for this event.

Prufrock.

mrmeringo Jun 21st, 2012 23:26

Thats only about 1hr 30mins from me:thumbs_up:wouldnt mind that one, but will have to see how i feel nearer the time, but would deffo be up for it though:thumbs_up:

Laney760 Jun 22nd, 2012 00:38

Could well be if I detune my pump to get a few more mpg in the 760 TD; of course thats if I don't have the amount of chaos occuring in my life that seems to be the norm of late

Prufrock Jun 29th, 2012 13:56

Tumbleweed.

Do I hear tumbleweed...

Is anybody (except me) going to the Northern?

It's only Wetherby, easy access of the A1.

Prufrock.

mrmeringo Jun 29th, 2012 14:35

I will be there:thumbs_up:

Prufrock Jul 6th, 2012 13:06

Nothrn BKV and Ace Cafe

Is there anyone, apart from myself, mrmeringo and Laney760 interested in the northern BKV at Wetherby?

Wetherby is a very"easy"venue, just off the A1, not much further than the national venue.

Also there's an event at the Ace Cafe, should be some interest for the 700-30at the Ace - great venue on the North Circular.

Prufrock.

P.S Sunday.

minesa240x3 Jul 6th, 2012 21:50

I really want to go but as it's 164 miles and just under 3 hours I can't give a definate.I did go to the southern and national three years running and like to support all I can,I also attended the first Midlands 120 meet and lent my support to the amazons.I was nearly on my own as apart from Dai who set it up only one 240 estate showed up.Unfortuneately he left before judging so I won "Best Open Class Under 30 Years" with my 940 limo..
Can only say we'll see.
I also went to the Ace cafe meet in me Limo,A good day out and fantastic fried breakfast,Lots of nice motorbikes and we had saabs as well.Swedish meet really..
Regards Brian.

DWM Jul 6th, 2012 22:56

Not ruling it out either but still waiting for confirmation of dates when I may need to be in Welsh mountains.... if not on a course then, it could make a kind of sense to head up the A1 taking this in on the way to some unstructured but useful wandering in northern hills.

smithy Jul 7th, 2012 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prufrock (Post 1201935)
Is there anyone, apart from myself, mrmeringo and Laney760 interested in the northern BKV at Wetherby?

Wetherby is a very"easy"venue, just off the A1, not much further than the national venue.

Also there's an event at the Ace Cafe, should be some interest for the 700-30at the Ace - great venue on the North Circular.

Prufrock.

P.S Sunday.

I will be going to the Nordic day in my 940 because I think the Volvo day is on a week day and I cannot do anything in the week