Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   ETM Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   cheap ETM replacement (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=98886)

deathrider311271 Jun 26th, 2010 22:20

cheap ETM replacement

hi guys

As some of u will know i have been on a mission to find a cheaper way of changing the ETM to the latter (yeloow sticker) item without having to pay £200+ for this well known fault.

Well today was the big day, i found a replacement ETM (yellow sticker) fitted it, job done in about an hour, then the moment of truth will this work or not?
Turned engine over cough, splutter, then to my relief it settled down took for a test drive all problems gone.

The only thing i will say is i used one off the same model as i have altho it was a 98 "S" reg as apposed to a 99 "T" reg, and also it was an auto mine is a manual. Once all finished i took the car for an extended test drive (200 miles approx) and it runs perfect now.

To sum up if you are thinking of doing the same make sure the replacement ETM comes off the same ENGINE model as yours, as far as i can tell you wont go far wrong.

Just one last thing the replacement only cost me £50, if anyone needs one mail me as i can get hold of a few more at this price, obviously postage is extra, im not looking to make any money out of this just cover the costs of the ETM and postage

any further questions either post here or mail me

cheers

simon

colinandrews Jul 6th, 2010 14:41

Hi sorry to bother you..

was wondering if you still happened to have any of these ETM's available still..(as in the post above)

Its for a V/1999 C70 2.4 manual

Regards

Colin Andrews

deathrider311271 Jul 9th, 2010 22:38

hi colin

sorry for the delay had a fe days away, im hoping there will be a cuople available next week as i have another member who wants exactly the same one lol, i should know more on tuesday evening

is yours turbo or non turbo?

cheers

simon

Caiystane Aug 22nd, 2010 12:24

Another ETM replacement.

Hi
Are there any more replacement ETMs out there?
My one has just cost me £45 to find out it needs replacement at £361 from dealer. This 1 year after the updated software cost me £90ish.
I've seen some of the videos on how to do it so I'm not overwhelmed.
I have a 1999 V70 2.5 XLT 20V.

Many thanks

John

RG_Toad Oct 7th, 2010 21:34

Caiystane - can you post a link to the video for the replacement of the ETM - chances are i'll be spending the weekend under the bonnet fixing mine.
Cheers

SE1 Mar 15th, 2011 13:22

Hi Mr Deathrider
are you still able to get these yellow label ETMs have 2002 C70 T5 which has the morreli ETM fitted. I have had the classic ETM probs for a month now. Volvo want a £120 pound just to tell me what I already know. was going to get a clean/reprogramme which volvo now say has to be paid for so may be cheaper to replace. any help would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers

Ianfromnotts Apr 6th, 2011 14:05

Has any one used ECU testing in Eastwood ? My ETM was cleaned at about 80K but with 140K on the clock now tickover is getting increasingly erratic. 2.4T s60 petrol, or any swap over parts available?

volvoguy Apr 17th, 2011 22:50

Hi, would appreciate if you could help source ETM Magnetti Marelli part number 8644344 for s80 x reg, 2.4 non-turbo 170bhp auto.
many thanks!

Clan Apr 17th, 2011 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianfromnotts (Post 879659)
Has any one used ECU testing in Eastwood ? My ETM was cleaned at about 80K but with 140K on the clock now tickover is getting increasingly erratic. 2.4T s60 petrol, or any swap over parts available?

an erratic idle is most likely just a lot of carbon blocking the throttle flap , if there are no fault codes thats what it will be .. ( unless something un related like air leak etc )

pez64 Apr 18th, 2011 12:09

Hi deathrider, can you still get hold of those 'yellow sticker' replacement ETMs?
Cheers
Andy