Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Spare Keys (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=240415)

TheDufster Nov 24th, 2015 13:14

Spare Keys

Anyone who owns a new model (2nd generation) XC90 - what spare key(s) did you get? I am sure I can remember something mentioned when the car was launched that there was a smaller key fob with limited functions.

It's just that the main key fob is quite big and not the sort of thing that would fit in a very small pocket (e.g. running shorts) when going out for a run. My current 1st generation XC90 key is just small enough.

I thought there was a much smaller plastic "key" that would let you unlock the car only, so you could leave the main fob in the car.

Am I right or have I dreamt it?

Clan Nov 24th, 2015 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDufster (Post 2016346)
Anyone who owns a new model (2nd generation) XC90 - what spare key(s) did you get? I am sure I can remember something mentioned when the car was launched that there was a smaller key fob with limited functions.

It's just that the main key fob is quite big and not the sort of thing that would fit in a very small pocket (e.g. running shorts) when going out for a run. My current 1st generation XC90 key is just small enough.

I thought there was a much smaller plastic "key" that would let you unlock the car only, so you could leave the main fob in the car.

Am I right or have I dreamt it?

there should be 2 remotes , a blade key and a small plastic " sports" fob which is waterproof and designed to take when you do swimming or running ...

TheDufster Nov 24th, 2015 13:55

Thank you - I think that's what I was thinking of. Picking up my new car on Friday.........! :car:

Clan Nov 24th, 2015 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDufster (Post 2016365)
Thank you - I think that's what I was thinking of. Picking up my new car on Friday.........! :car:

How exciting :-) make sure it has the 2 major software updates out today ...

TheDufster Nov 24th, 2015 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2016376)

I think it's likely that it will - I saw the car today but it's not been prepped yet.

I will send a quick email to the dealer to ask anyway.

Rooster Nov 24th, 2015 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2016376)

No it won't they have been delayed again

DaveŠ Nov 25th, 2015 06:36

There are three remotes. Two normal size with buttons and one smaller blade type without buttons. The small remote does not have the extra "key" inside...

Carl Sberglager Nov 25th, 2015 16:58

I think we just got a 2 remotes, in a wooden presentation box (Mrs Sbergslager has put it somewhere safe, so I can't check!). You can also unlock via VOC.

DaveŠ Nov 26th, 2015 14:34

My third (smaller) remote was in the bottom of the box. Look again :)

Carl Sberglager Nov 29th, 2015 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveŠ (Post 2017545)
My third (smaller) remote was in the bottom of the box. Look again :)

Thanks Dave, removed the inlay with the two main fobs and found it hidden beneath