Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Mot failure, saffron V70r for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=269771)

theuklion Jul 2nd, 2017 14:05

Mot failure, saffron V70r for sale

5 Attachment(s)
My saffron v70r failed is mot recently, the car had a number of issues so it's time to let it go.

During the heavy rain in London about a month or so ago I noticed water coming the roof lining where the grab handle is the lining there is now furry.
The lambda light is on, the code is in regards to a solenoid in the gearbox, it has been like this for over a year and has not effected performance or mpg.
I had a very light coming together with a micra on a round about and damaged the wing so do to a family emergency and I needed the car I fitted the first wing I could get, so it has a green wing.
The mot failure was due to blue smoke and two minor issues. I've revved the car and let it tick over and there is no blue smoke.
It has some rust bubbling and lacquer peeled off in places.
I have no room or time to break the car so want it to go.
148k on the clock, HML remap, ferrita cat back, strut brace, pioneer Bluetooth TV stereo.
I have no idea what it's worth so some pointers would be good. Or make me a sensible.

Many thanks

theuklion Jul 3rd, 2017 09:01

All this knowledge on here yet not one opinion lol lol.

canis Jul 3rd, 2017 10:22

My opinion; Love the colour, love the car, want an automatic, unfazed by fixer-uppers, it's exactly what I'd like to replace our aging V40. But I know my wife won't let me make an offer, and even if I did, it would almost certainly be too little. As fixer-uppers go, our V40 has a massive advantage - we already own it. That said, I know our's will cost a fair bit to get through it's test, which is imminent. I wish I could buy it, I really do. I hope someone who needs a car cheaply comes along because it looks like a worthwhile buy to me. Good luck with it. :thumbs_up:

theuklion Jul 3rd, 2017 12:58

Fair enough and thanks for taking the time to reply back to me.
I was hoping I'd get a few people say it was worth so so much.
As I've had a few messages on here and elsewhere asking what I want for it.
I've seen many posts on here over the years regarding cars being over priced in people's opinions.

So if I say £500 is that too much in people's opinions??

frazz Jul 3rd, 2017 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by theuklion (Post 2292810)
Fair enough and thanks for taking the time to reply back to me.
I was hoping I'd get a few people say it was worth so so much.
As I've had a few messages on here and elsewhere asking what I want for it.
I've seen many posts on here over the years regarding cars being over priced in people's opinions.

So if I say £500 is that too much in people's opinions??

Hi, worth a lot more in parts,,

The Flying Banana Jul 3rd, 2017 18:44

just read this ..I think you would be daft to sell it for that ..saying that if it was near me I would take it lol ..there isn't anything major on it ....500 will say to people it's junk when it isn't really ..just needs a bit of love ..I would be pitching it at a grand with room for movement

volvo855t5 Jul 3rd, 2017 23:26

Hi there I have sent u a pm..

theuklion Jul 4th, 2017 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Banana (Post 2292912)
just read this ..I think you would be daft to sell it for that ..saying that if it was near me I would take it lol ..there isn't anything major on it ....500 will say to people it's junk when it isn't really ..just needs a bit of love ..I would be pitching it at a grand with room for movement

Thank you very much for your input, that's exactly what I wanted.
The £500 figure was just to get a gage of its worth and I understand your point of it not being junk.

Many thanks.

theuklion Jul 4th, 2017 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo855t5 (Post 2293005)
Hi there I have sent u a pm..

Hi mate,
Im not able to send Pam's.

But you can read from my reply above that the £500 figure was a gauge to find out what it's worth.
I will except 750 for it.
If your pal is still interested pm me his number.
Steve
Steve