Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Volvo Guard Alarm II Programming box (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=195347)

barkster1971 Dec 24th, 2013 18:52

Volvo Guard Alarm II Programming box

Does anybody have A Volvo Guard II programming box (1399141-9) by any chance?
I know it's a bit of a long shot! But if you never ask you never get.
Ta, Carl.

nozamaman Jan 12th, 2014 21:28

Volvo Guard ll programming box

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkster1971 (Post 1542998)
Ta, Carl.

I am breaking a 1997 V90 I will look tomorrow (Monday) and let you know what I find?

czech240 Jan 13th, 2014 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkster1971 (Post 1542998)
Ta, Carl.

Where do you find this in the car?

barkster1971 Jan 14th, 2014 22:27

?

you don't.

czech240 Jan 16th, 2014 18:48

From the post above mine I had assumed that it was part of any car fitted with VG2.... No worries....I presume its an external type thing.....

barkster1971 Jan 16th, 2014 19:12

no

It's what the dealers have. You go there and they use it to get the fob working. Would be nice if I had one!

http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/8...ervice-manual/

ironmark Jan 27th, 2014 23:42

Guard 11 alarm

Hi hope you have got this sorted.

If not I may have 2 options for you.

1. I have a alarm box and fob that I can provide on an exchange basis programmed to your requirements.

2. You can send me your box and fob recorded delivery and if no faults with your parts can program to your requirements.

Unfortunately cannot provide tool, rare beast now!

Hope this helps if not sorted!

gsx073 Sep 10th, 2014 11:45

I Have a problem with my Alarm or fob for my volvo 960

Locked my 960 Estate using the fob on Friday the 5th and came out on Sat to go places only to find that my fob was dead not only dead Batteries which were promptly checked and changed but the fob itself was not working no click any more.

Needless to say I promptly went for my 2nd fob kept on the spare keys only to find it too was not opening the car and cancelling the alarm / immobiliser

Took both fobs to local garage and found 1st fob dead second fob working ok

So I am now left with a car that when I unlock the doors with the Key my alarm goes off.

I have removed the 210/211 box and wired the 50E to the 50F connection and just waiting to get some charge back into the car Battery after the Horn and Indicators drained it.

I notice that Ironmark was offering to use his 1399141-9 for people and wondered if he would be so kind as to contact me.

Laney760 Sep 13th, 2014 22:35

I need a new Volvoguard II fob, I have two, one totally not working now and the other I can get to lock if I press the button in a certain place with a screwdriver so you need a torch at night as well!

So if I buy another fob on Ebay I need to reprogramme it?

I thought I could just do this, which I have done before, copied from Barkster's link:

GUARD ALARM II

1) Ensure all doors, hood, and trunk are closed. Turn ignition on and off at least 5 times in 10 seconds. Indicator LED should start to flash. Leave ignition on. Once indicator LED starts flashing, first remote control must be programmed within 15 seconds.
2) Press one button on one remote control. Programming is acknowledged by indicator LED lighting for about 2 seconds. Indicator LED will then start flashing for 10 seconds. Program other remote control within 10 seconds while indicator LED is flashing. Turn ignition off. Test remote controls.

barkster1971 Sep 13th, 2014 22:56

free

You can only do this if there's a free " slot" in the control module. If they're full ( 4 iirc), you can't do the re-programming. They have to be made free with the programming box. I'll see if my brother's Delphi 150e can do this soon. I also have another control module which I'm going to try too.