Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Ordered my first VOLVO - XC90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=262679)

Thorien Jan 24th, 2017 16:42

Ordered my first VOLVO - XC90

Hey all,

Ordered my first Volvo and really quite excited about receiving it, or at least I was till I read all the issues people seem to be having here ! Wish I'd known all these issues before ordering, just going to have hope things have improved recently. {Gulp}

This is what's on order:

Volvo XC90 2.0 D5 235 Inscription Pwpls Au AWD
Osmium Grey
20in 5 Dbl Spk Alloys
Dark Flame Birch
Dark Tinted Windows
Nappa Soft Leather - Charcoal
Park Assist Pilot
Rr Prkng Asst Camera
Winter Pack

Really worried about the potential for road noise issues and of course software bugs!

BTXC90 Jan 24th, 2017 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorien (Post 2226258)
Hey all,

Ordered my first Volvo and really quite excited about receiving it, or at least I was till I read all the issues people seem to be having here ! Wish I'd known all these issues before ordering, just going to have hope things have improved recently. {Gulp}

This is what's on order:

Osmium Grey
20in 5 Dbl Spk Alloys
Dark Flame Birch
Dark Tinted Windows
Park Assist Pilot
Rr Prkng Asst Camera
Winter Pack

Really worried about the potential for road noise issues and of course software bugs!

Congrats on the order. good colour choice as well.

When is the estimated delivery?

I see you added few options related to Xenium pack but not the full xenium pack?

curious to know why?

Thorien Jan 24th, 2017 17:32

Thanks BTXC90. Delivery date apparently is the end of March.
Never find I use a sunroof, or panoramic roof so couldn't justify the extra cost, also it's just potentially another thing to go wrong with leaks etc.
Tbh the only reason I went for the park assist pilot was because I wanted front parking sensors and this was the only way to get them.

pagan8c Jan 24th, 2017 17:37

I also have ordered a XC90 Momentum in Magic Blue with zenium pack, winter plus,dark flame trim, seat extensions with the full electric passenger seat,

Thorien Jan 24th, 2017 17:41

Gratz pagan8c, sounds nice. When is it arriving?

pagan8c Jan 24th, 2017 19:17

I am hoping for the end of March but maybe before. I have the park assist as it is part of the Zenium pack. When I looked at the prices of the extras with the Zenium Pack and the extras as singles it worked out at only about £400 more and you get the sunroof etc. which costs over a grand on its own + the all round cameras. I have caravan so I need to see to get past it as it is a tight fit on the drive and in the garage. Also as I am in the Caravan Club the dealer gave me the metallic paint free and knocked a few hundred off the extras as per the CC deal. saved around £4500 on the list price (including the towbar factory fitted semi electric).

Philip Fisher Jan 24th, 2017 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagan8c (Post 2226340)
........saved around £4500 on the list price (including the towbar factory fitted semi electric).

My friend described the towbar deploying out from under the bumper as "swinging out like a Donkey's Nob". I cannot help but to be reminded of this everytime I use it......

Thorien Jan 24th, 2017 20:03

Thankfully I don't need a towbar ;-)
I did get a good deal on the car though so can't complain. Looking forward to delivery now!

BTXC90 Jan 24th, 2017 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorien (Post 2226279)
Thanks BTXC90. Delivery date apparently is the end of March.
Never find I use a sunroof, or panoramic roof so couldn't justify the extra cost, also it's just potentially another thing to go wrong with leaks etc.
Tbh the only reason I went for the park assist pilot was because I wanted front parking sensors and this was the only way to get them.

ok cool.

I haven't seen many sunroof leak issues etc in the UK.

Anyway inscription comes with a spec. Happy waiting :)

yeoman Jan 24th, 2017 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorien (Post 2226258)
Hey all,

This is what's on order:

Osmium Grey
20in 5 Dbl Spk Alloys
Dark Flame Birch
Dark Tinted Windows
Park Assist Pilot
Rr Prkng Asst Camera
Winter Pack

Congrats.Do bear in mind there are alot of happy XC90 owners who have no issues at all with their cars.

The vocal( grumpy) minority( to which I proudly belong),may sometimes make it seem it is all bad.

For all its flaws,I love my X90. There is a feeling of wholesomeness and well-being I get driving the car, I am addicted to.