Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Latest Polestar Upgrade Offer (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318610)

lloydvolvo Jul 23rd, 2021 12:23

Latest Polestar Upgrade Offer

We currently have an offer on the Polestar Upgrade for your Volvo. Only £550 down from £745 for a limited period. Please let me know if you would like to book in for it. We are based in Carlisle. Tailgate badge included. Call Neil on 01228400701

lloydvolvo Jul 28th, 2021 14:28

interest free

We are also doing 6 months interest free payments on this.

mrdave2003 Aug 3rd, 2021 23:06

That's a good price (for the Volvo map ... Wish I was closer.... Would be dropping by!

ovlov04v Aug 6th, 2021 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdave2003 (Post 2759417)
That's a good price (for the Volvo map ... Wish I was closer.... Would be dropping by!

There is an offer at any main deakler at the moment for £595.

hth

Trebor17 Aug 10th, 2021 19:34

Is any equipment installed in the upgrade or is it just a software change?

Paul Wildsmith Aug 10th, 2021 19:44

just firmware

only hardware is a badge for your rear end!

Trebor17 Aug 10th, 2021 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith (Post 2761137)
just firmware

only hardware is a badge for your rear end!

😂
It’s an expensive bit of firmware even at the current offer price of £595!

Is that a blue or white badge?

Thanks 👍

Casati Aug 12th, 2021 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydvolvo (Post 2756048)
We currently have an offer on the Polestar Upgrade for your Volvo. Only £550 down from £745 for a limited period. Please let me know if you would like to book in for it. We are based in Carlisle. Tailgate badge included. Call Neil on 01228400701

Can you get Polestar for 2021 V90 B4? The Volvo website says its possible for the 2021 V90 D4 but I was sure the D4 was gone since 2020? What are the power and torque improvements on the B4 if you can get it?

lloydvolvo Aug 13th, 2021 15:27

Availability

You check check if it available for your vehicle using the following link:
Just put your chassis number in and it will generate a specific fact sheet for your vehicle.

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/model-selector

Benjamino69uk Aug 31st, 2021 16:01

I've had a look at the above link and my car isn't listed, does anyone know if that list is up to date? I have a 2020 VOLVO V60 B5 FWD (Petrol) R-Design Automatic 247bhp that i'd like to give the Polestar treatment.

Audiodjmp77 Sep 26th, 2021 11:37

When I get either of my cars, I'll give you a message. :thumbs_up:

Othen Sep 26th, 2021 17:29

Not for my Volvo: this special offer will not apply to a 1980 244GL!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Welshthought Nov 22nd, 2021 19:08

Polestar upgrade

Hi, I’m assuming this is the complete price including the installation cost?

Quote:

andyrugbyref Dec 20th, 2021 10:18

Quote:

Is this offer still available?

griston64 Dec 20th, 2021 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrugbyref (Post 2794504)
Is this offer still available?

I would suggest calling them to find out

andyrugbyref Dec 20th, 2021 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2794530)
I would suggest calling them to find out

I will when I finish work, but thought someone might know.

Ursicles Jan 5th, 2022 16:01

Was the offer still on?

andyrugbyref Jan 6th, 2022 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ursicles (Post 2797725)
Was the offer still on?

620 was the offer quoted.

I used my local dealer, who charged me 595.

Ursicles Jan 6th, 2022 15:12

Cheers for that - might wait til one of the crazy £350 offers appears again!

andyrugbyref Jan 6th, 2022 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ursicles (Post 2797919)
Cheers for that - might wait til one of the crazy £350 offers appears again!

It’s worth the money I think

Ulrikas PA Jan 24th, 2022 20:33

Just had mine done for £695 for info, not in Carlisle.

Astraeus May 13th, 2022 20:55

Is anyone aware of any offers?

I took an XC60 for a test drive today and was offered it at £745, which is too rich. I don't fancy blagging negotiations anymore, having chipped a lot off the price, and got my PX up. So was hoping to point to the price elsewhere to get it down to £500s.

Ulrikas PA May 14th, 2022 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA (Post 2802429)
Just had mine done for £695 for info, not in Carlisle.

Is it worth spending more to negotiate on ? E.g. You fancy a Polestar upgrade and another years Volvo Selekt warranty, but can't afford both?

Or maybe just spend the going rate on Polestar ? My £695 was in Yorkshire.

TaffyJerseyBean May 14th, 2022 19:19

Google is your friend.

Most dealers have it on “offer” for around £695 but within a couple of minutes I found 3 dealers online* advertising it for £599.

Mailed over screenshots to my dealer and they agreed to price match plus discount by a further 10% as I am having it installed alongside the PDI before I collect.

(*Waterhouse, Johnsons and Stoneacre)

Hope this helps.

Ulrikas PA Jun 1st, 2022 15:42

Polestar Optimisation has 50% off next week :shocked:

But you do have to buy a Volvo Selekt used car:cool:

Cloth Ears Jun 1st, 2022 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA (Post 2827135)
Polestar Optimisation has 50% off next week :shocked:

But you do have to buy a Volvo Selekt used car:cool:

I bought one about 2 months ago. Will I qualify?

RDesign4Life Jun 1st, 2022 23:42

Does it really only add 5% power to a D5 XC60? 220bhp to 230bhp?

:speechless-smiley-5

TaffyJerseyBean Jun 2nd, 2022 10:42

Yes but its not just about the power. Its how the engine and gearbox reacts after the upgrade that make the most difference. It feels so much better and more compliant when you need it.

It is down to personal taste though. Some have tried it and wondered what the fuss was about. For me it was money well spent.

XC90Mk1 Jun 2nd, 2022 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaffyJerseyBean (Post 2827245)
Yes but its not just about the power. Its how the engine and gearbox reacts after the upgrade that make the most difference. It feels so much better and more compliant when you need it.

It is down to personal taste though. Some have tried it and wondered what the fuss was about. For me it was money well spent.

You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.

TaffyJerseyBean Jun 2nd, 2022 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2827247)
You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.

Thanks for the advice but I don’t have to be careful at all. I’m not “claiming” anything. I’m sharing my experience with the upgrade on my car.

If you look at my signature its clear which model I own. My Polestar optimisation is specific to that car. There is also a website (mentioned at length on here) that sets out exactly what the upgrade does to any specific model where it is available.

If there’s anyone on here daft enough to spend £700 of their hard earned money based purely on my post and blind assumption without proper research then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Ulrikas PA Jun 2nd, 2022 20:46

I'm happy with mine, and there were other reasons than numbers - warranty compliance and insurance cover being two of them.

On saying that, my V60 went from 163 to 220 bhp so that's a decent gain. It would have been good if Polestar also tweaked the 70bhp battery output, to round it up to 300bhp, but it doesnt. Gear changes have been good though as well. Recommended.

Kilmourne2017 Aug 5th, 2022 22:35

I had it on my 2017 XC90 Inscription and the difference was noticeable. Better throttle response and gear changes. Mid range given a healthy boost. It was an ex demo so I didn’t pay for it. Just picked up our new XC90 B5D Plus Dark and added it to that on previous experience. To be honest, the mid range on the new car is a marked improvement on the previous car and that was plenty powerful enough for me. Less noticeable because of this but still a significant change enough to be entertaining for the occasional appreciation of the bends. FWIW I’d recommend it for an XC90.

graphnic Oct 16th, 2022 19:44

Best Polestar offers in October 22?

Anyone seen a better deal than £695 available now? I missed out on the £555 offer last month unfortunately.

When I enquired during the final week of the offer, TMS weren’t able to take a booking at the discounted price to be undertaken the following week, when I had time to get it in to the dealership. Apparently has to be billed in the offer period, not just booked. Seems silly, but they don’t make the rules I guess!

griston64 Oct 16th, 2022 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by graphnic (Post 2851189)
Anyone seen a better deal than £695 available now? I missed out on the £555 offer last month unfortunately.

When I enquired during the final week of the offer, TMS weren’t able to take a booking at the discounted price to be undertaken the following week, when I had time to get it in to the dealership. Apparently has to be billed in the offer period, not just booked. Seems silly, but they don’t make the rules I guess!

My local dealer have it at £555 but the fuel you will use travelling to Glasgow and back doesn't make it worthwhile :shocked:

graphnic Oct 16th, 2022 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2851194)
My local dealer have it at £555 but the fuel you will use travelling to Glasgow and back doesn't make it worthwhile :shocked:

Ha, no I’m not sure the economics make sense on that! I think I’ll have to wait until the new year and hope the next round of discounts are decent.