Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Remote start and heating question (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=259407)

Ctpurley Nov 15th, 2016 11:48

Remote start and heating question

Guys,

Does anyone know if its possibly to remotely adjust the car temperature settings after you've done a remote start through VOC?

I understand that the setting from your last use are maintained, however if you happened to have turned off the fans (as I often do) or not left your seats/wheel heaters on, then the remote start provides little benefit on a cold morning.

If this option isn't there, this is definitely something Volvo should look to integrate into VOC.

Cheers

tankplanker Nov 15th, 2016 12:20

I have managed to save a default temperature that persists when I start the car even if I set the temperature to something else when I turned it off. I have also set the car to turn on the heated seats and steering wheel if the outside temp is cold enough. What I haven't tried turning the air con completely off so I don't know if the car will turn it back on.

You need to save your profile then lock your profile for the car to remember the temperature.

For the seat heating:
The automatic function starts heating the seats when the ambient temperature is sufficiently cold.
1. Tap Settings in the center display's Top view.
2. Tap Climate.
3. Under Auto Driver Seat Heating Level and Auto Passenger Seat Heating Level, select Off, Low, Middle or High to activate/deactivate the automatic function and select a level for the driver's and passenger's seats.

Ctpurley Nov 15th, 2016 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankplanker (Post 2195488)
I have managed to save a default temperature that persists when I start the car even if I set the temperature to something else when I turned it off. I have also set the car to turn on the heated seats and steering wheel if the outside temp is cold enough. What I haven't tried turning the air con completely off so I don't know if the car will turn it back on.

You need to save your profile then lock your profile for the car to remember the temperature.

For the seat heating:
The automatic function starts heating the seats when the ambient temperature is sufficiently cold.
2. Tap Climate.
3. Under Auto Driver Seat Heating Level and Auto Passenger Seat Heating Level, select Off, Low, Middle or High to activate/deactivate the automatic function and select a level for the driver's and passenger's seats.

Hi,

Many thanks, I'll be testing that when I get home! :-)

nu11eaf Nov 15th, 2016 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctpurley (Post 2195506)
Hi,

Many thanks, I'll be testing that when I get home! :-)

The seats and steering wheel heaters will still only come on when engine running so as not to run battery down, but saves you turning them on manually. For those without remote start.

Ctpurley Nov 15th, 2016 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankplanker (Post 2195488)

For the seat heating:
2. Tap Climate.

Hi Tankplanker,

I've made the 'climate' setting changes, many thanks. Regarding setting the temperature, when you say 'lock your profile' did you simply select the 'protect my profile' option?

Thanks

Chris

Lexman8 Nov 15th, 2016 20:08

Have you guys actually checked that the temperature you've selected for pre-heating is actually being utilised or does it just happen to be close to the system temperature which, according to the manual, cannot be changed?
During preconditioning of the passenger
compartment, the car works to reach comfort
temperature and not the temperature set in
the climate control system.
I read somewhere that the preset temperature is ~20c and is dependent on the outside temperature.

nu11eaf Nov 15th, 2016 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2195520)
The seats and steering wheel heaters will still only come on when engine running so as not to run battery down, but saves you turning them on manually. For those without remote start.

Volvo remote start is now on Volvo on call app. (See page 3 on hissing sound thread)

neon Nov 15th, 2016 23:34

Remote start and software upgrades to PA2, is this the start on the big November updates everyone has been saying is coming. Android auto next?

Ctpurley Nov 16th, 2016 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2195860)
Volvo remote start is now on Volvo on call app. (See page 3 on hissing sound thread)

Yes, see first post. The question was more focused on how you can ensure it starts and defaults to the right temperature

nu11eaf Nov 16th, 2016 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctpurley (Post 2195903)
Yes, see first post. The question was more focused on how you can ensure it starts and defaults to the right temperature

Yes I know but very few people myself included did not know we had this upgrade, when I read the thread I thought he had this as part of pre-conditioning option. It was not until the evening that I realised there had been an upgrade on volvo oncall. The initial posting did not mention this, so I thought it a good idea to mention that it is now on Volvo on call for everyone.