Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Recommend a good volvo dealer in the Norwich area. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285033)

molsal Aug 8th, 2018 00:26

Recommend a good volvo dealer in the Norwich area.

I am losing the will to live with my not so local ( 1.5 hours round trip) Volvo dealership service department.
Havindg decided to take advantage of the current polestar offer , I rang 3 times last week to speak to the sevice manager to organise a suitable time slot ,or wether they could pick up and drop off as they kindly do when I have a service carried out. Three times I was told he was busy and would call me back, 3 times this never happened .
Today I called again and the only person I could speak to was a sales person , who informed me that they would need the car all day to carry out the work. I know through reading posts on here that is not the case.
So at the end of the month my wife and I are taking a week long break in a cottage not far from Norwich, so I am thinking I could have the optimisation carried out whilst on holiday, I also need a tempa spare wheel ( forgot to specify when ordering ) so the dealership can have that business too. Thanks for any recommendations.

GJB Aug 8th, 2018 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsal (Post 2434915)
I am losing the will to live with my not so local ( 1.5 hours round trip) Volvo dealership service department.
Havindg decided to take advantage of the current polestar offer , I rang 3 times last week to speak to the sevice manager to organise a suitable time slot ,or wether they could pick up and drop off as they kindly do when I have a service carried out. Three times I was told he was busy and would call me back, 3 times this never happened .
Today I called again and the only person I could speak to was a sales person , who informed me that they would need the car all day to carry out the work. I know through reading posts on here that is not the case.
So at the end of the month my wife and I are taking a week long break in a cottage not far from Norwich, so I am thinking I could have the optimisation carried out whilst on holiday, I also need a tempa spare wheel ( forgot to specify when ordering ) so the dealership can have that business too. Thanks for any recommendations.

The best place to get it done is M.R.King at Halesworth have used them for many years and find them most helpful .

NickV90 Aug 9th, 2018 07:07

I like Cecil and Later in Bury St Edmunds.... good old family firm. I bought my v90 from them and still travel from Ipswich to get servicing done there. Very helpful. And Bury is lovely to visit.

NickV90 Aug 9th, 2018 07:09

Oh and they are next door to Krazy Horse which is petrol head heaven (and where I get my Morgan serviced)

GJB Aug 9th, 2018 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickV90 (Post 2435305)
I like Cecil and Later in Bury St Edmunds.... good old family firm. I bought my v90 from them and still travel from Ipswich to get servicing done there. Very helpful. And Bury is lovely to visit.

Broke down a few years ago on the A11 taken to Cecil & Later would not even come out to see car just outside waste of time ended up going to M.R.Kings who got a mechanic to look at it straight away.

Converted Aug 9th, 2018 15:59

This is probably a bit too far from Norwich. The dealership at Colchester were very down to earth when I spoke to hem before. By far the most polite salesman I have ever spoken to...I forgot his name though

Salisbury10 Aug 9th, 2018 20:00

Hilton Gott at Downham Market are very efficient

The Ridge Rider Aug 17th, 2018 22:30

Holdens in Norwich, Volvo and Honda dealership and servicing. You can walk into Norwich whilst waiting for the car to be fixed.

"Gottys" at Downhan Market is a bit out in the sticks.

Chouchin2003 Aug 18th, 2018 08:27

Personally wouldn't use Holdens, found them very unhelpful, was looking at buying a new car there and got ignored for 15 minutes. I phoned them up and complained how 3 salesman found it acceptable to ignore me and was told that they would sort things out. They were helpful at first but they quickly went back to be non responsive. Shame as they are my local dealer but managed to get a good deal from someone in the end that wanted my business.

GJB Aug 19th, 2018 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chouchin2003 (Post 2438659)
Personally wouldn't use Holdens, found them very unhelpful, was looking at buying a new car there and got ignored for 15 minutes. I phoned them up and complained how 3 salesman found it acceptable to ignore me and was told that they would sort things out. They were helpful at first but they quickly went back to be non responsive. Shame as they are my local dealer but managed to get a good deal from someone in the end that wanted my business.

Could not agree more total waste of time bought a car from the had a problem could not even look at it for 2 weeks ended up going to M.R.Kings who fitted me in that day.