Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   FOR SALE : 480 ES - Excellent Condition (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=287278)

Arn Oct 8th, 2018 18:10

FOR SALE : 480 ES - Excellent Condition

17 Attachment(s)
Volvo 480 ES – Excellent Condition

1989 Model, Red, 1.7L Manual, Petrol, 76,700 miles

One previous owner from new 1989 – 1991, Owned since 1991 to present day. Full service history since owned.

Recently serviced and MOT’d (expiry September 2019)
New Battery, Plugs, Oil, Filters, Fuel system flush.

Selling on behalf of my elderly farther who is no longer able to make use of her. It would be fair to say he is rather reluctant to see her go.
She is essentially an immaculate barn find, having been stored in a dry garage for a number of years.
Recently serviced as mentioned above and is now road ready. (No TAX as presently SORN)

I believe it fair to say she is 100% genuine Volvo (save the recent consumables)

Having spoken with a number of car /classic car enthusiasts we have been advised a price of £4,500 ono based on her condition and provenance.
I understand wheel arch rust is an aliment these cars can and do suffer from. An inspection was requested in the recent service, resulting in zero rust identified.
I attach close up pictures of all arches for reference.

The Car is located in Surrey and at present is not being advertised widely as my father wishes her to go to an appreciative home.

Please drop me a line via the forum should you wish to make enquiries.

Magyver Nov 26th, 2018 14:07

That is a lovely example!

Arn Nov 29th, 2018 13:55

Magyver, Thank you for your feedback, Im hopeful she'll go to a good home.

Arn Nov 29th, 2018 13:57

Thanks to zapcity1 for your PM, I am unable to reply as it appears i need to have posted 30+ times. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Arn Nov 29th, 2018 14:07

Price Update! - Open to all sensible offers

Dear all, we are now open to all sensible offers due to circumstances evolving in regard to my father.

dcw Nov 29th, 2018 19:11

I think you were rather optimistically advised as to value originally (sadly, as an enthusiast for these cars and currently owning two, I have to acknowledge they are not yet fetching quite the classic values we would all like to see them reach) but it is a lovely looking example - I sincerely hope you can find a good home for her, and would counter my previous comment by advising that, nonetheless, you should not let her go for peanuts.

All the best

David

johnjp Jan 4th, 2019 17:14

Is the car still for sale?

SignumGB Jan 4th, 2019 17:25

I like an 80's classic and this one looks to be inspired by Japanese design and a tidy looking car too.

Showed my friend in Sweden this thread and he replied.... 'Dear god no! Not a real Volvo! An imposter!'

I guess the Swedish didn't like this model? lol

Arn Jan 24th, 2019 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjp (Post 2481509)
Is the car still for sale?

Hi John, thanks for your message, yes she is still available. I don't believe I can PM you as I require a certain number of posts however I can receive, if you wanted to drop me your email or number we can discuss.

SteveP Feb 5th, 2019 13:02

Nice example but I'd recommend getting the wheels refurbished if you're after top money, should only cost about £150-200