Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Wrong spec XC90 delivered (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290941)

jimchef81 Jan 22nd, 2019 12:17

Wrong spec XC90 delivered

Hi There

A first post for me. After 5 months excitedly waiting for delivery of my new T8, arranged for this thursday, ...the lease company just called to say it's arrived at the dealer in the wrong interior colour! maroon brown instead of the blond I ordered.

I'm really not a fan of the brown, some browns i think look look great, such as the dark chocolate browns you see in Mercs, but i think the Volvo brown isn't so nice. Ive rejected the car and they're now talking April. Im distraught.

Anyway, if there's anyone out there looking for a magic blue inscription pro with a bunch of options and brown leather there's a dealer up in Warrington who may be wanting to get rid of one at a good price :)

CoopsSA Jan 22nd, 2019 12:23

I presume it's been rejected and the dealer will be ordering the correct vehicle?

Years ago I ordered an Audi A6 2.0 TDi but it was a 3.0 TDI when it arrived. Dealer let me keep it.

jimchef81 Jan 22nd, 2019 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopsSA (Post 2487535)
I presume it's been rejected and the dealer will be ordering the correct vehicle?

Yep, i thought about keeping it, they offered to throw in a 'dealer fitted option' but i turned it down, the brown just doesn't suit my eye and i reckon if i'd have kept it, each time i got in the car i'd look at the seats and wish i'd waited. They are going to re order the original spec.

Bash D Bishop Jan 22nd, 2019 13:08

Hopefully you won't have a long wait. Perhaps Volvo will allow a bit of queue jumping given the error.

Deman77 Jan 22nd, 2019 13:11

Tell them you want MY20 production week unless they can give you a slot within a month.

jimchef81 Jan 22nd, 2019 13:21

Tell them you want MY20 production week unless they can give you a slot within a month

Sorry Denam77, Do you mind explaining what this means?

volvocamper Jan 22nd, 2019 13:43

That is really disappointing for you and thanks for sharing.
Have you considered looking on the Volvo Selekt website for pictures of a similar model in same colour with the maroon interior just on the slight chance it may actually look better in the flesh and you decide to go with it (plus the sweetener from the dealer - tow bar/side steps/service plan????)
The darker interior may wear a little better than the paler leather.
Having said that if your mind is definitely made up then best to wait.
I had a similar situation a few years ago with a VW. I ordered it through an online broker and specced it as I (thought I) wanted and it was built and delivered only for me to find I Should have ordered the upgraded seats and on the (v long) drive home I found the standard seats uncomfortable. To my huge surprise the supplying dealer said as I bought it ‘online’ I was covered by the distance selling regs and they took it back (with abt 300 miles on the clock) and re-ordered for me with the upgraded seats - I of course paid the additional charge for the seat option but no more.
I would not have believed it possible had it not have happened to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and look forward to hearing how it goes in due course.

ThorV70 Jan 22nd, 2019 16:25

A number of years ago I ordered an Audi A4 1.9TDI se in black, the dealer messed up the order and I ended up with a quartz grey 2.0TDI S line......was well happy!

Quacker Jan 22nd, 2019 16:39

I wonder why dealer staff can't get basics like this right? They should try speccing and ordering something rather more complex with a whole lot of interdependent options some time. Ordering cars as required by the customer is not rocket science, it really isn't. The proposed order should be copied to the customer and approved by them, for a start. Then the salesperson or secretary should put the factory order in and double-check that it agrees with the customer's requirements. Checking and double checking should ensure that the right model, engine, drivetrain, trim and colour plus all the detail bits are ordered correctly.

jimchef81 Jan 22nd, 2019 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker (Post 2487619)
I wonder why dealer staff can't get basics like this right? They should try speccing and ordering something rather more complex with a whole lot of interdependent options some time. Ordering cars as required by the customer is not rocket science, it really isn't. The proposed order should be copied to the customer and approved by them, for a start. Then the salesperson or secretary should put the factory order in and double-check that it agrees with the customer's requirements. Checking and double checking should ensure that the right model, engine, drivetrain, trim and colour plus all the detail bits are ordered correctly.

Yep, you would think so.