Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   V90 Sat Nav & Connection issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=300313)

65PaulGr Nov 6th, 2019 19:30

V90 Sat Nav & Connection issues

Can anyone please offer advice.
I was driving up the M6 yesterday when suddenly my screen went blue and despite playing around it remained that colour - I was allegedly in the Irish Sea. 50 miles or so later it came back on but was registering approx 70 miles East of where I actually was. When I stopped I tried to resolve however the Download icon (cloud symbol) states 'No connection to service'.
I phoned a friend who services Volvo's who advised to re-set the system which I did, however there is still no connection and the Sat Nav now displays the map of Gothenberg, no matter what I try. Trying North Europe Maps (includes UK) won't load up as the installation icon is dull rather than bright.
The radio, the phone and everything else has returned no problem although the clock was set 1hr ahead as the car thinks it's in Sweden (which I managed to fix)but the Download won't connect.
Is there a simple fix or is it back to the dealer? Thanks.

nu11eaf Nov 6th, 2019 19:41

If you can, set your home region in the maps to NWE. If all else fails try a battery reset, disconnect the live connection in the boot for 10 minutes the reconnect it.

Boatie Nov 6th, 2019 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65PaulGr (Post 2569457)
Can anyone please offer advice.
I was driving up the M6 yesterday when suddenly my screen went blue and despite playing around it remained that colour - I was allegedly in the Irish Sea. 50 miles or so later it came back on but was registering approx 70 miles East of where I actually was. When I stopped I tried to resolve however the Download icon (cloud symbol) states 'No connection to service'.
I phoned a friend who services Volvo's who advised to re-set the system which I did, however there is still no connection and the Sat Nav now displays the map of Gothenberg, no matter what I try. Trying North Europe Maps (includes UK) won't load up as the installation icon is dull rather than bright.
The radio, the phone and everything else has returned no problem although the clock was set 1hr ahead as the car thinks it's in Sweden (which I managed to fix)but the Download won't connect.
Is there a simple fix or is it back to the dealer? Thanks.

I've been to Gothenberg several times in the last couple of years (at least according to my satnav). I left it overnight and found my way home (again according to my satnav). Have you tried doing likewise? :speechless-smiley-5

65PaulGr Nov 6th, 2019 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boatie (Post 2569499)
I've been to Gothenberg several times in the last couple of years (at least according to my satnav). I left it overnight and found my way home (again according to my satnav). Have you tried doing likewise? :speechless-smiley-5

Unfortunately it's still in Gothenberg- sometimes just in the sea outside.
I think i'll take it back to the dealers- It's only 18 mths old so requires resolving under warranty. Thanks Boatie.