Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   V70 D5 Forced Regeneration??? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=311798)

chris900 Nov 15th, 2020 16:44

V70 D5 Forced Regeneration???

2009 V70 D5
Big miler (245k miles) that has been driving perfectly but the 'soot filter full' thingy has appeared. The power has been significantly reduced as a result but it is still driving. I bought the car almost a year ago and it has been faultless but a couple of weeks ago the warning came on. I don't drive the miles that a diesel needs. I do less than 10 miles a day so the car never really gets a chance to warm up. I took it for a 40 mile trip and I had it in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear to try and force a regeneration but it didn't happen.

Anyone in N. Ireland with the Vida/Dice equipment that could do a forced regeneration?

Many thanks
Chris

Simmy Nov 15th, 2020 20:56

a forced regen wont solve your dpf problems find out why its not automaticly regening it relies on a set off components to work together . egr valve dpf pressure sensor tempsensors ect. get some one to read codes and work from there

chris900 Nov 15th, 2020 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2681945)
a forced regen wont solve your dpf problems find out why its not automaticly regening it relies on a set off components to work together . egr valve dpf pressure sensor tempsensors ect. get some one to read codes and work from there

Would a plug in generic OBD reader give the codes or does it need something more specific?

Simmy Nov 15th, 2020 22:08

vida dice is the best code reader for volvos but there are others that can do similar snap on. launch autel ect . cheap readers can only give generic codes its usualy the more expensive ones that can read indvidual modules . whats your location? maybe a forum member will help you if they know where you are .

chris900 Nov 15th, 2020 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2681960)
vida dice is the best code reader for volvos but there are others that can do similar snap on. launch autel ect . cheap readers can only give generic codes its usualy the more expensive ones that can read indvidual modules . whats your location? maybe a forum member will help you if they know where you are .

N. Ireland

Dancake Nov 15th, 2020 22:42

Where abouts in N.Ireland?

chris900 Nov 15th, 2020 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancake (Post 2681969)
Where abouts in N.Ireland?

Portadown

Dancake Nov 15th, 2020 23:23

I'll be in Armagh and Portadown tomorrow if you're about. Can plug the computer in and have a look.

chris900 Nov 16th, 2020 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancake (Post 2681988)
I'll be in Armagh and Portadown tomorrow if you're about. Can plug the computer in and have a look.

Just sent you a pm Dan

Simmy Nov 16th, 2020 20:03

there you go chris help is on its way . fourum power .