Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   General: V50 S40 Recall (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25597)

pigapumbu Feb 21st, 2007 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllanG (Post 208562)
Not sure if it is what you term a recall but my Volvo dealer sent me a letter this week to bring my V50 in for a field upgrade. Volvo had identified 3 possible problems with:

1. Climate control noises ( I've been having that problem)
2. Insufficient battery power to start the car
3. Spurious messages on the Information centre.

Applies not just to the V50 but a couple of other models as well but I don't have the letter with me. Sofware upgrade takes up to 1 hour I am told.

Can someone tell me if Microsoft helped Volvo develope the software that goes in our cars? This is becoming more and more like Windows software upgrade. :angry2:

Paddler Ed Feb 21st, 2007 13:19

With regards to loose handbrakes, I had a couple of early V50's (was going to get a run out V40 but couldn't get it so had a V50) and most of them went in to have the handbrake sorted; all of them would pull off with the handbrake on (oops) and as I was towing with some of them it wasn't particularily reassuring.

One of the reasons that this has taken a while for it to appear as a problem, and for it to be dealt with, is that most people in the UK do not leave the car in gear; in Europe that is a common practice so as a problem it occurs less often.

macklij Apr 12th, 2007 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddler Ed (Post 208638)
With regards to loose handbrakes, I had a couple of early V50's (was going to get a run out V40 but couldn't get it so had a V50) and most of them went in to have the handbrake sorted; all of them would pull off with the handbrake on (oops) and as I was towing with some of them it wasn't particularily reassuring.

I don't mean to sound heartless, but I'm almost relieved others have had handbrake problems. My last v50 (05 year) had handbrake troubles. The garage (Parkside Orpington) were useless. I took it in three times and they persistently told me there was nothing wrong - that it was me. The handbrake was pulling up 12 notches on a slope and still not reliable! It was only fixed when I threatened to take it somewhere else.

ezrah Aug 13th, 2007 13:09

I to had a call back on my S40 T5 2004.5 plate, it was for the handbreak and also the fuel line.

Ezrah

big_yin Feb 3rd, 2008 13:18

I read in a Dutch newsgroup that Volvo is going to recall 82000 Volvo S40's and V50's built between 2004 and 2006 for problems with the electronics on the fuel pump.

Haven't seen it anywhere else though but thought I better post it just in case.

ady30 Feb 3rd, 2008 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2jag (Post 174719)
Recall for Handbrake, err sorry dont think so.!! What they actually is do is put a sticker in your handbook and give you a little booklet, Thats all that Kings Winchester did for my S40 1.6 SE (Diesel). Were they supposed to do more than that??? (they treat their customers like sh*t anyway, so theres no surprise there) This is not being nasty but is a statement of FACT, , as can be judged from previous articles concerning shoddy treatment of myself ,so please dont ban this article,lol.:speechless-smiley-2 :Banane59:

M.R.G Chippenham fitted all new parts and gave me handbook

nano Feb 4th, 2008 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_yin (Post 362717)
I read in a Dutch newsgroup that Volvo is going to recall 82000 Volvo S40's and V50's built between 2004 and 2006 for problems with the electronics on the fuel pump.

Haven't seen it anywhere else though but thought I better post it just in case.

There are some details here.

mjcourtney Feb 6th, 2008 17:29

interesting! I had the fuel pump replaced under warranty on my 2004 S40 after that got an intermittent 'glitch'. The garage said there had been known faults with them, but as far as I know they didn't mention a recall. (mind you, as the article says, it is mainly 5 cylinder models, and mine is a 4cyl 1.8 petrol).

kirium Jan 16th, 2009 18:17

Hi, I have had a recall for my V50, its not listed here so I thought i would share the knowlege :)

Model: Volvo V50 2.0D R Design Sport SE

Recall: R88075/263778 - MATS

Spoke to a tech who informed its a replacement drivers floormat, the mat has been modified to stop the possibility of fouling the accelerator pedal.

giggsirish Feb 9th, 2009 15:04

Hi kirium,

I have a 08 S40 with the R-Design pack. The floor mat started blocking the return of both the clutch and acc some time ago so I threw it out. No recall for S40 R Design owners but its a very real problem.